Most overplayed songs

Started by Kiddington, May 20, 2011, 08:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about any of these songs the first time I heard them, but yeah, I'm not crazy about any of them. "Happy" isn't even a bad song, but it'll take a long time and years removed for me to warm up to it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Shake it Off is the worst of them. I've only heard that song entirely, like, two times. And yet it feels like I've heard it way too much. And then it hit me why: it's the most generic, dumbed down song on the radio (or at least one of them), using almost every cliche in the radio music book. It hit the radio and became instantly dated.

talonmalon333

Does it ever seem like Taylor Swift is the most overplayed artist on the radio?

I say this as someone who likes her. I mean, I don't like all her music. Shake it Off was one of the worst songs of last year, and in general I think her music is worse nowadays than it was a few years ago, Blank Space excluded for the most part. However, while I like most of her music, she is overplayed far too much. In fact, speaking of Blank Space, that song has been playing non-stop for months now. It's been overplayed longer than any song I can think of in recent memory.

Commode

I hear either Blank Space or Style, sometimes both, at least once a day.  I don't mind it too much though since I like both songs.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Nel_Annette

"Take Me To Church" by Hozier and "Riptide" by Vance Joy are the two big offenders for me right now. I am so sick to death of those tracks, but they seem to play every time I make the trip to/from work.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Comeau on April 07, 2015, 06:27:35 PM
I hear either Blank Space or Style, sometimes both, at least once a day.  I don't mind it too much though since I like both songs.

Style doesn't do much for me, but Blank Space is certainly good. The melody is a bit run of the mill for Taylor Swift, but the lyrics are great. I like that the song seems to not only make fun of the way people react to her relationship life, but also kind of makes fun of herself.

Peanutbutter

Never heard of Riptide. Take Me to Church does play too much on the pop stations, but it's still a good song.