Digimon

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, May 22, 2011, 11:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

First clip featuring Joshua Seth.

It's really hard imagining anyone else in the role (the movies sounded totally off because of it), so it's great to hear him again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

I don't care what anime he's in--it's just so refreshing to hear his voice again.

Spark Of Spirit

More voices.

The dub sounds really good. The newer voices fit in just fine with the veterans.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

From the clips, it sounds like everything I wanted in a Digimon dub. Still wish they would've brought back all the original voices, but there's always the future movies.

For the people who were able to see it, how was the experience.

Avaitor

I got distracted, and missed it. Which is fine, since I didn't get to finish Adventure yet, anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I didn't get a chance to see it either. Still, the sub is great and available for free on Crunchyroll, and I'm hopeful that the dub will find its way onto a reasonably priced DVD.

Spark Of Spirit

TK and Kari clip.

Tara Sands actually sounds a lot like Lara Jill Miller here, and JYB fits TK rather well. Really eager to see how this turns out.

One thing I learned is that apparently only the opening music was changed. The rest of the music is exactly the same as the sub version.

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

Well, that was heavy.

Spoiler
So it wasn't Ken at all? It was Gennai? And Himekawa was in on it the whole time?

The 02 kids haven't been reported missing, so what happened to them? It's still not clear. Where did they even go in order to disappear?

I like the plot structure here of starting in the real world and ending up in the digital world like Tamers used. The stakes feel higher, especially since the heroes didn't win at all here, and now they're going up against a complete unknown. Something's off with the digital world, some digimon are there that shouldn't be, and Meikoomon still has all her memories, which means this reboot is probably designed for a particular purpose.

13 episodes in, and we're halfway to the end. Since we're going to be in the digital world from now on, I'm assuming the plot will really start moving from here on. I'm really curious to see where this all going.
[close]

So far I'd say it's definitely better than 02. But we're only halfway through, so that's hard to say for now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, it only took you guys half the fucking series to get us back to the Digital World. But, hey, I'll still take it!

In all seriousness, though, that has to be the darkest and most depressing the series has ever got, as these words so perfectly describe it:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 23, 2016, 03:55:08 PM
Well, that was heavy.

Spoiler
I really liked how the Digimon wanted to spend their final days with their human partners, just enjoying the pleasure of their comoany and reminiscing about old times, knowing full well that they would be sacrificing themselves in the coming battle with Meicoomon, with the Reboot effectively wiping away their memories for good. It was a really heartfelt yet somber moment when Tentamon refused to get himself to safety and told Koushiro/Izzy that he deeply cherished their bond and memories, but couldn't stop fighting when all of the other Digimon were still giving it their all. That mega evolution is something that I had wanted to see ever since that concept was first introduced in adventure, and Koushiro/Izzy and Tentamon were my favorite character and Digimon, respectively. Needless to say, it was well earned here. The moment where they all reunite with their Digimon in the Digital World, with their partners' memories completely wiped, was really bittersweet, and an effectively touching place to leave the story off on for the halfway point of this series.
[close]

But, you know, it wouldn't hurt to lighten up the tone a bit with the next movie. Digimon should still be a fun series, at the end of the day.

Still, with this and Dragon Ball Super's current arc (and apparently Sailor Moon Crystal's most recent season as well), it looks like Toei Animation has really been stepping up their game when it comes to handling their 90's franchises with more care and effort.

Spoiler
So it wasn't Ken at all? It was Gennai? And Himekawa was in on it the whole time?

The 02 kids haven't been reported missing, so what happened to them? It's still not clear. Where did they even go in order to disappear?
[close]

Spoiler
I had totally forgotten about Gennai before they revealed him at the end. I'm really curious about what he's up to, and why exactly was he walking around disguised as Ken in his Digimon Emperor get-up?
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

The fourth poster has been officially revealed.

The official title is Soushitsu (Loss) and looks to be focused on Sora, Matt, and Tai. The question is if Machinedramon being there hints at the Dark Masters' return. But then all the last movie left us with was questions so who knows?

It's a long wait until February.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it's time for Keep On to show up as the ED. It's due!

Spark Of Spirit

Next trailer is out!

After that cliffhanger it's going to be quite the wait for this one.

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Insomniac

Toei Exec 1: ...
Toei Exec 2: ...
Toei Exec 1: So...
Toei Exec 2: Fuck it, let's reboot Adventure.

Dr. Insomniac

At long last, they've re-dubbed the first 3 Digimon short films. And they brought back Matt, Kari, and Davis' old VAs after their initial recasting in Tri/Kizuna.

Now it reminds me of how Tai was absolutely going to be recast for Tri, with JYB according to a con video I saw, before Joshua Seth had to go out of his way to tell the studio he was available and ready to go to the booth whenever.