Opening & Ending Themes

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 23, 2011, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Big

Let me go old-school with this, an opening to "Dokonjo Gaeru", a 1970s show produced by Tokyo Movie Shinsha (at the time they were simply known as "Tokyo Movie")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUWOPQgkjyI

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, it looks like the version of that One Piece opening that I posted before was an incomplete version of the opening since Toei hadn't finished animating it all in time for the premiere of the new arc. Here is the complete version of that opening, though it only has about 10-20 seconds of alternate footage (replacing the part where Luffy was just running for that amount of time), but its still pretty cool because it shows off the other Straw Hat pirates which I felt was an element missing from this new opening.

Daxdiv

With that new element they added, the opening does feel like a true spiritual successor to We Are! One of my favorite parts of We Are was that part where you saw the other members kick the asses of the random pirates.

Mr. Big

I consider this to be in my list of best theme songs of all time.

"Pyunpyun Maru" (doesn't translate to anything, it's the name of the main character) is an anime that ran on 7/3/1967-9/18/1967 (12 episodes) and 12/29/1969-3/30/1970 (14 episodes).

All 26 episodes were actually made at the same time but the network cancelled it after only a dozen due to poor ratings, as well as the fact that the premise was freaking insane (the show's an early example of non-sense anime). But few years later they needed a show in one of its timeslot so they dug out the unaired episodes and broadcast them.

It was produced by Toei Animation, one of their early shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lFNi4VOLM4

Spark Of Spirit

The more I think about it, I think this is one of my favorite OPs. Not exactly sure why, but it never fails to get me pumped up.

Oh yeah, and huge bump.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I didn't know you've seen Slayers.

The NEXT OP is awesome; just a great combination of quick scenes and a great song to accompany it (I especially love the part with Gaav where it flickers between his human and demonic forms). That said, my favorite Slayers OP is still the first one, which has a lot to do with how much I used to rewatch the first season since that was the only season Colors TV ever aired (though, I still never got tired of watching it back then). It's hence the opening I most associate with the series and get a rush of memories and excitement over.

gunswordfist

I forgot Samurai Champloo had my 2nd favorite ED...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 04, 2015, 10:26:53 PM
I didn't know you've seen Slayers.

The NEXT OP is awesome; just a great combination of quick scenes and a great song to accompany it (I especially love the part with Gaav where it flickers between his human and demonic forms). That said, my favorite Slayers OP is still the first one, which has a lot to do with how much I used to rewatch the first season since that was the only season Colors TV ever aired (though, I still never got tired of watching it back then). It's hence the opening I most associate with the series and get a rush of memories and excitement over.
The first opening with the full guitar solo at the end was great, and I liked it quite a bit. Next's opening just hits all the marks for me for favorite openings. Also helps that there's a few good shots of Xellos and Zelgadis in it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

I made a list of my favorite ED songs. These are mostly for the songs themselves, though I do enjoy the visuals. I never really get sick of them. If you'd like to hear them, I've included links:

10: Mystic Eyes
9: Moments in the Sun
8: Love is Changing
7: Last Piece
6: Hoshi no Sumika
5: Hero
4: Unbalanced Kiss
3: Sugar Song to Bitter Step
2: The Real Folk Blues
1: Kaze wa Mirai ni Fuku

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

I had picked up on a lot of stuff he mentioned this time, but I never noticed that Yashiro was reflected in Satoru's glasses during the roof scene before. I really do appreciate all the details and thought they put into that OP.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yashiro's reflection was mind blowing for me since it happens so fast that you'd have to freeze-frame to even notice it.

Spark Of Spirit

Lord Dalek