Opening & Ending Themes

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 23, 2011, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Favorite OP is a tie between Joker Game and JoJo's.

I'm not yet sure what my favorite ED is.

Spark Of Spirit

All really good choices. It's a strong season for OPs and EDs as well as shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 11, 2016, 07:19:18 PM
DISAGREEMENT.

Content Removed was an underdog anime this season, but it really buckled up by the second episode so I'm glad it's getting recognized.

Lord Dalek

Well that didn't take long. Fucking Sony.

EDIT: Vimeo works... for now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

Definitely the best of the season, at least.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

I still need to check out the first ep of MP100, but the opening is great.  It also looks like Bones is doing a good job at capturing ONE's art-style, which is nice to hear.   :)

Spark Of Spirit

You can actually pinpoint the moment Naruto fell off a cliff by the OPs.

They get boring starting with #5 and outright forgettable beyond it. Looks like Pierrot got bored with the series around the same time Kishimoto did.

LumRanmaYasha

I actually like a lot of Naruto's openings. Opening 5 "Youth's Rhapsody" is easily my favorite of the original Naruto openings and I still regularly listen to the full version of the song. The ones after are lame, yeah, but it's no surprise considering those were the openings for the 85 episode stretch of pure filler material.

As for Shippuden, the first opening "Heroes Comeback" is by far the best and I wish I could find the full version of the song on youtube that's not a dumb nightcore remix so I can listen to it more often. I also like the third, fifth, sixth, seventh, and fourteenth openings even though I don't care much for the arcs they're representing. The rest are either just okay or forgettable, especially most of the ones after the Pain arc (besides 14, which I found stylistically cool and the song quite catchy).

Painted Outlaw

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on May 17, 2017, 04:22:37 PMAs for Shippuden, the first opening "Heroes Comeback" is by far the best

:thumbup:

The other night, I clearly had nothing better to do and went through all of Shippuden's OPs. Ones like 14 were catchy but I don't think any of them really ever beat out "Heroes Comeback" for me. And the less said about "Distance" or "Sign" (Ops 2 and 6), the better...