The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Maybe, maybe not. I haven't played the game recently to see if the world map is flipped like it is in the Wii version or not. That might be enough for some people to jump on this version.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Preordered.

I *think* the map in the HD version was the Gamecube one. I hope, anyway. Maybe you get a choice.

talonmalon333

They might as well release a Wii U collection now that includes the HD version of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, and the 3D versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. At least then, someone interesting will come out of releasing all of these remakes.

Spark Of Spirit

Discussion and comparison of Twilight Princess HD and the Wii/Gamecube version.

Considering they had to flip the Wii version to match the HD version, I'd say it is clearly based on the Gamecube version.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

GameXplain made their list of Top 10 Hopes for the next Zelda game. I pretty much agree with all of them. They need to follow up A Link Between Worlds' example here.

Spark Of Spirit

Nel_Annette

If we get a more meaty stories and, say, a fully realized dungeon per region instead of all the shrines, I'm in.

Oh, and stabilize that frame rate, damn it!

Spark Of Spirit

I beat Breath Of The Wild. It took me over 40 hours which is the longest I've spent on a game in years. I haven't gotten close to 100% though. Still, I got the Four Beasts, the Master Sword, and completed the towers on the map, so I figured I'd have a go at the final boss.

My impressions are that it's not really a departure from the classic Zelda formula as everyone has been touting it. It's actually a departure from the Link to the Past formula and even further past where Link Between Worlds walked the series back. This is actually very much the original Legend of Zelda game for the NES only everything Nintendo has learned since then put in. The sense of scale and freedom in this game is incredible and I'm honestly surprised they were able to pull this off. There are all kinds of secrets and hidden goodies that I've not found and I'm pretty sure won't be found by anybody in years.

My negatives are surprisingly short. Most people wanted actual dungeons instead of the Four Beasts, but I actually really enjoyed them. My only problem with the beasts were that they felt too short and could have been longer. Also, weapon durability was a great system, but there should have been a way to repair weapons. A blacksmith that charges you an obscene amount in rupees and materials would have been more than enough. Also, a weapons vendor would have been a smart idea for more common types if you so desire. I mean, you can buy everything else so why not?

There's actually not much for me to complain about here. Honestly, this is what I've wanted to see from a 3D Zelda since the series first went 3D. It felt like Nintendo had been stalling since after Wind Waker came out to make the next step forward and they finally did it here. I'm glad the next big 3D game is going to follow this template because there is really so much to mine here.

Final conclusion: Nintendo finally did it. Breath of the Wild is the best 3D Zelda game, and possibly the best overall.

Daikun