The Simpsons

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 29, 2011, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commode

they look very japan inspired. pretty cool though.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Yeah, I think they're made by the guys that do the Marvel and DC chibi plushes and vinyls, especially since they're all lumped together at B&N.

They also have vinyl Simpsons with similar designs, for Homer, Bart, Marge and Krusty.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

haha, check out Wiki's article of the day.

So yeah, what's your favorite Sideshow Bob episode? Besides the ever-so-obvious "Cape Feare", I really like "Brother From Another Series". It's a great little Frasier reunion and one of the last Bob stories I remember really enjoying.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Sideshow Bob Roberts. I just like it's take on politics and Watergate parody, along with the Rush Limbaugh parody and Bart actually enjoying going to preschool.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, other than the obvious ones, I quite enjoyed Brother From Another Series for turning the whole Bob Vs. Bart relationship on its head. I was actually hoping they'd twist it and make Bob the hero that tries to save Bart and Krusty from Cecil from then on.

They kinda ruined that with Day Of The Jackanapes, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I like Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, so I'll go with that one.

Day of the Jackanapes is actually the last Sideshow Bob episode I liked.  I think Bob should've been retired a while ago, because his schtick gets old fast when the writing isnt good, and clearly they don't know how to write for him anymore.

Kiddington

In addition to Brother From Another Series, I kinda liked Funeral For a Fiend as well. It's not great, but it does the whole Frasier reunion thing nicely (John Mahoney is perfect as Bob's dad), and for a late-run episode, I'd say it's probably one of the better ones.

Spark Of Spirit

I thought Day Of The Jackanapes was funny, but I didn't really like how they went back on Bob's character like that so fast. There was a lot of potential with "good Bob" that we never got to see because they just rushed out another typical one.

Funeral For A Fiend was okay, as was the episode where Bob was the detective, but other than those I haven't been able to enjoy a Bob episode since the classics.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

FYI, Fox is airing "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"(aka the first Simpsons episode to air) tomorrow night in conjuction with not only the franchise's 25th anniversary this past week, but also the year long 25th anniversary of the Fox Network in general.  So yeah, catch it if you want.

Avaitor

Plus the MWC pilot. And they're airing a special after both.

New blog!

Commode

Does that air tomorrow too?  Cool.

Avaitor

I think it'd be just as cool and a real kick in the face if they aired "Serenity" (the pilot, not the movie). They probably wouldn't, but I'd love it.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, I hope I remember to catch that.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I used to have that episode on VHS. I had no idea it was actually the first stand alone episode produced until a couple years ago.

I nostalgia hard every time I see it though.

Commode

It wasn't the first one produced(that's Some Enchanted Evening), it was the first one to air.