There Goes The Excel Saga Forum!

Started by Foggle, August 19, 2020, 08:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Hey everyone!

After seven years, the excelsagaforum.com domain name finally became available for purchase again, so Micki! and I bought it and have set everything back up similar to how it used to be. We're planning on turning it into an Excel Saga museum of sorts, trying to help people figure out where to get copies and stuff like that.

The merger didn't really go well as I'm sure you're aware, very few of the old members ever came back and the ones who did already left ages ago. The communities just didn't really mesh at all. There's no reason to keep the Excel Saga section of this forum, so I have merged its threads into the other boards. The theme, smileys, logo, and user groups will remain, both to not fuck up anything with the SQL/formatting and because I like them. You can still discuss the anime or manga here if you want, of course, but the Excel Saga Forum is now its own thing again. (Note that I do not expect anyone to register there, nor does this mean I will be shutting down AR. Everything is going to remain more or less the same.)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can't help but feel kind of guilty for never getting around to Excel Saga. It has eternally been one of those backlog series that "I'm always meaning to get around to." :sweat:

To be fair, there are a lot of series like that for me, and I do eventually get to them. I mean, it took me about 10 years of having it in the back of my mind before I finally watched NGE, so I will get to Excel Saga someday for sure. Glad you guys were able to set up you're old forum, though! :thumbup:

Foggle

Thank you! I'm definitely not blaming anyone for the community never taking off here. It was done more out of necessity than anything at the time, and even if no one posts at the resurrected old place I hope it will at least serve as a decent repository for information. As you know, I have the very same problem getting around to pretty much anything, but I hope you'll end up reading and enjoying the series someday! :joy:

Avaitor

I'll be honest, I mostly left that side of the board blank, as I've similarly yet to find the time to get to Excel Saga. I do still have about half the manga waiting for me when I get the right moment to read it, but everything's been kind of hectic for me lately.

I am glad to hear that the domain is going to stick around, though! Good for its fans.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/