Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm pleased we seem to be getting positive reception so far to the list.

Also, I agree about Evolution. The first season is not all that special, but it eventually snowballs into a great superhero show. If it had been as good as it was by the end for its entire run, I think it would have been a lot higher up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on June 29, 2011, 12:49:43 PM
All of Angry Beavers is on Netflix, and if you don't have that, the first two seasons will be out on DVD in August. So you should totally have a chance to check it out again soon.
Alrighty then. Thanks buddy
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 28, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
My list in no order:
Samurai Jack
Dexter's Laboratory
Star Wars Clone Wars 2003
King Of The Hill
X-Men
Batman TAS
Futurama
The Simpsons
Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
Justice League

Me obviously an action and GT freak.
You know what I just realized in here? There's no Titan. I'm kind of surprised, considering how much you like it. Too recent/short of a run?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Good good good. Very happy to see that Angry Beavers made the list, even if it couldn't quite crack the Top 50. This is only reminding me of how excited I am for the impending DVD release in a few months; it's been far too long. I really can't believe it's been close to 4-5 years since the Nicktoons channel even aired it last. This is way too good of a series to be thrown into a dark hole like it has, and I'm glad to see it starting to get some recognition again.

...and speaking of DVD releases, why the hell am I still waiting on Megas? I know it's on iTunes, but man... digital downloads just aren't the same for me. I need those hard copies of a series to be completely satisfied, and this is just one of so many that's so long overdue. It's just a great show, too; as much as I loved Titan, Megas was the definitive fighting-robot series for me on CN. So many great callbacks to 80's flair, and it's just a lot of fun overall.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on June 29, 2011, 03:41:15 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 28, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
My list in no order:
Samurai Jack
Dexter's Laboratory
Star Wars Clone Wars 2003
King Of The Hill
X-Men
Batman TAS
Futurama
The Simpsons
Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
Justice League

Me obviously an action and GT freak.
You know what I just realized in here? There's no Titan. I'm kind of surprised, considering how much you like it. Too recent/short of a run?
I was actually considering Sym-Bionic Titan. I am a huge fan of the show and liked breaking down every episode after watching it. Short run is actually at the bottom of my list of negatives about the show. It was the fact that too many episodes were filler or filler esque. SBT is another show that failed to do high school drama right. NOWHERE near as bad as X-Men Evolution did but they would have been better off focusing on the Galaluna conflict, character development outside of anything school related or just plain fighting more monsters. The characters wasted too much time hanging out at school. Another season could have made me raise my opinion of the show. I liked how things were developing in the last few episodes.

Once I think about it, I barely like Justice League more than Titan so the show actually just missed the mark. Nothing wrong with having more GT on a list :sly:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 29, 2011, 01:48:00 PM
I'm pleased we seem to be getting positive reception so far to the list.

Also, I agree about Evolution. The first season is not all that special, but it eventually snowballs into a great superhero show. If it had been as good as it was by the end for its entire run, I think it would have been a lot higher up.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Kiddington on June 29, 2011, 04:29:38 PM
Good good good. Very happy to see that Angry Beavers made the list, even if it couldn't quite crack the Top 50. This is only reminding me of how excited I am for the impending DVD release in a few months; it's been far too long. I really can't believe it's been close to 4-5 years since the Nicktoons channel even aired it last. This is way too good of a series to be thrown into a dark hole like it has, and I'm glad to see it starting to get some recognition again.

...and speaking of DVD releases, why the hell am I still waiting on Megas? I know it's on iTunes, but man... digital downloads just aren't the same for me. I need those hard copies of a series to be completely satisfied, and this is just one of so many that's so long overdue. It's just a great show, too; as much as I loved Titan, Megas was the definitive fighting-robot series for me on CN. So many great callbacks to 80's flair, and it's just a lot of fun overall.
In the original rankings Angry Beavers actually did crack the top 50, it was just barely pushed out when the dust settled. And I agree, I love the show and think it deserves more attention.

As for Megas XLR, CN just seems to want to forget that show existed in general. It's a shame.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Pharass

Personally, I'm completely OK with including anime in a list of the best cartoons.  After all, they're the same medium. Same goes for manga and comics. As for the list itself, should I feel culturally deprived about the fact that I've only seen five of the shows mentioned so far?

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

TMNT 2003 over the original? Fucking preposterous.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 30, 2011, 12:56:24 PM
TMNT 2003 over the original? Fucking preposterous.
This better be a joke. I used to watch the hell out of tmnt 03 but it seriously lacked charisma and lets be serious, it wasn't any less cheesy than many of the old cartoons. I actually remember none of the old series, mostly I am just saying that this show just isn't that good. I got to admit that Agent Bishop rocked though.

PS I had no freaking clue Peter Laird worked on the series.

Spark Of Spirit

I enjoyed it a lot, but I do admit it isn't perfect. Fast Forward for instance dragged the ranking on this way down for screwing with the main show and never letting it recover. But all the stuff up to it is pretty fun stuff.

And Turtles Forever is the best TMNT thing ever.

Avaitor

Quote from: Desensitized on June 30, 2011, 05:20:15 PM
And Turtles Forever is the best TMNT thing ever.
I still haven't seen much of the show, but this is definitely true.

New blog!

Foggle

Are you guys actually taking my obvious trolling seriously? I'm making fun of people who say shit like that... :whuh:

Avaitor

You, I can tell when you're joking or not. Gunsword gets me sometimes though.

New blog!