Animation Revelation's Top 65 Cartoons Talkback Thread

Started by Avaitor, June 27, 2011, 10:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Just out of curiosity GSF, what would your top 10 (or top 5) look like? If you don't mind me asking.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 28, 2011, 07:06:10 PM
Just out of curiosity GSF, what would your top 10 (or top 5) look like? If you don't mind me asking.
1. Apocalypse Zero
2. Genocyber
3. Umineko no Naku Koro ni
4. My Life Me
5. Problem Solverz
6. All Grown Up
7. Captain Planet
8. Alvin & The Chipmunks
9. Ninja Scroll: The Series
10. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

I stole this from his hard drive when he wasn't looking. It's legit.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

I'm calling it, King of the Hill will rank somewhere high, I'd say about 10 or so!

gunswordfist

Foggle, I don't want to know half of those anime

Avaitor, stay ze hell away from my harddrive.

My list in no order:
Samurai Jack
Dexter's Laboratory
Star Wars Clone Wars 2003
King Of The Hill
X-Men
Batman TAS
Futurama
The Simpsons
Ed, Edd 'n Eddy
Justice League

Me obviously an action and GT freak.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Good choices. :)

Do you consider anime to be a separate thing, though?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 28, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
Half of that list wasn't even anime. ;)

Good choices, btw.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on June 28, 2011, 07:19:44 PM
I'm calling it, King of the Hill will rank somewhere high, I'd say about 10 or so!
Well, we tried to be objective about it (which is why Jake Long wasn't in the top 50), so really, anything is game!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on June 28, 2011, 07:39:44 PM
Good choices. :)

Do you consider anime to be a separate thing, though?
Thank you, darklord.

Oh, I do. I forgot to retype that it would take me forever to combine the two because my phone ate the post. I might make a hybrid list..then run to Walmart to buy all the series

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 28, 2011, 07:44:01 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 28, 2011, 07:38:15 PM
Half of that list wasn't even anime. ;)

Good choices, btw.
Yeah but half the anime sounded like it would be shit

Daxdiv

Quote from: Desensitized on June 28, 2011, 07:47:16 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on June 28, 2011, 07:19:44 PM
Well, we tried to be objective about it (which is why Jake Long wasn't in the top 50), so really, anything is game!

To be fair, I don't even think that AD is top 50 material. I wasn't a big fan of the first season, but I liked season 2 more. Which was one of the reasons I made a corner image for it on toonzone. I really like the art style and the different tone the show took in season two than one. Season one's art style felt too generic for me, along with the story structure.

With that said, can't wait to see what else is on this list.

Kiddington

Jake Long? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I know the review wasn't overly positive or anything, but still; kinda sounds like I'm the only one here who doesn't like it. Eh, different strokes for different folks I guess. I agree on the art style though; it does look nice, I'll give it that. But damn, this show was as bloody boring as they came IMO, and the writing could get downright painful at times.

Otherwise, good list so far. It warms my heart to see some love for Cow and Chicken; truly an underrated fixture of CN's early years. The writing was top notch, and villains just don't come any more entertaining than The Red Guy. I mean, the guy uses pantyhose as coffee filters. A+ for creativity, to be sure.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I kinda pushed for Cow & Chicken on here. It doesn't really do anything special, but everything it does is top notch and I think a show like that deserves a mention.

As for Jake Long, well I personally like the second season and thought it was enjoyable, but the first season hurts it a lot on the list.

Also, this started as a top 50, and we kind of expanded it when we had shows overflowing our selections so we settled on 65. I think the first 15 might be a bit hit or miss with some people, but there are no outright bad choices.

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on June 28, 2011, 09:14:43 PM
Jake Long? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I know the review wasn't overly positive or anything, but still; kinda sounds like I'm the only one here who doesn't like it.
Can't say I've ever really enjoyed it, myself. Or W.I.T.C.H. But it's not my list, and the other people involved with making it know a lot more about cartoons than I do.

Daxdiv

I'm sure there were a lot of debates on how to rank certain shows on this list. I mean, it's a given since I would assume that giving them random numbers without reason would be the dumbest thing ever. I'm confident that the fine crew here fought tooth and nail for their series to make the list and what ranking they deserve.