American Dragon: Jake Long

Started by Avaitor, June 28, 2011, 06:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Just making this one for now. I've said everything about every episode that anyone ever could, so what's next for me and my arbitrary love for this show?

You'll see soon enough. :light:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its a good show that I need to go back and re-watch sometime. I think what holds it back is its inconsistency, in that it has a relatively weak first season (though with some true highlight episodes thrown into the mix), and a very strong second season but with some surprisingly weak episodes every now and then in-between the greatness (that is to say that they are few and far between, but when you all of a sudden go from a great set of episodes to a mediocre one, it feels very off-putting and can really take you out of the series for a little while). Overall, though, I think it has aged better than any other Disney channel shows of its time have, personally.

Spark Of Spirit

I caught a few second season episodes when Disney was re-airing the show and the quality jump was like night and day to me. It's like they pointed out all the lesser aspects and focused on what people wanted to improve the final show. It's a shame it didn't continue beyond that, but I do think the first season's weaker aspects did its damage to the audience.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I liked this show. Looking back, Season one is pretty weak and Season two was just what I was expecting. Also, like I mentioned in your countdown thread, I thought the art style in season one was generic, while season two was a lot better and fit with the series as well.

One of my favorite things about this was the old blog that two of the show runners had up that had some interesting behind the scenes stories. I remember quite a few things, like how worse the show would have been if with Jake flying around with pads and shit when he was a dragon. (What the fuck, man), and how they wanted certain things to happen in the story, like the Korean Dragon to die during the Homecoming episode.

Avaitor

You mind if I ask a couple of questions to give this some more life while I plan something?

Just the basics, but favorite characters? Episodes? Aspects? And least favorites on the other perspective?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Last night was also the last night for ADJL to air, so I recorded the episode as well. I caught "DreamScape", which was always one of my personal favorite. The show's fun humor was present here in everyone's dream worlds, while the chimera made for a great villain for the gang to tackle. It also helped to build up on the story, by having Rose delve deeper into her mind and find out how much the Huntsclan have lied to her.

Plus, Mega-Spudman. That should've totally been a spin-off.

New blog!