ReBoot

Started by Avaitor, June 28, 2011, 07:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I used to love this show a lot back on Toonami. I never got to watch the last season, though.

Did anyone get the set here? If so, how does it hold up?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't gotten it, but this show was always great in how unique it was. While it was mostly focused on being more lighthearted in the early episodes the transition to the darker and more serious style (while keeping the humor, thankfully) was pretty shocking at the time and ended up giving the show the exact kick it needed to keep going. It's a shame it only lasted 4 seasons despite its popularity, as it could have went on far longer.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I have lots of catching up to do on this show. Couldn't have seen more than 20 episodes. ReBoot will always have a special spot in my childgood memories though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Avaitor

Awesome! Netflix only has the first season for some reason, so now I have a chance to watch the whole thing again.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

^They have season two now when I looked. Because of this thread, I just went and watched the first half of season one. Most of the episodes are still good fun adventures, but there are a couple of boring ones like "In the Belly of the Beast" which is literally nothing but Megabyte and his henchmen chasing Enzo and Frisket around his hideout.

"Medusa Bug" still holds up 100% and is my personal favorite out of the ones I've re-watched thus far. It's much better at showing Hexadecimal as a genuine chaotic threat than "Racing the Clock" and is legitimately creepy (especially the horrified looks frozen on Phong, Dot, and Enzo). Another one I still enjoy is "The Tiff" where Bob and Dot have a lover's quar- oops, I mean "argument" about planning vs living on the edge.

One thing I've noticed being an older viewer this time around is there seems to a big Order vs. Chaos theme in the series. You have Megabyte who uses manipulation and control over his subordinates to get what he wants, thus representing Order. Then there's the other main villain Hex who loves to cause destruction and mess with Bob or Megabyte just for the fun of it, making her represent Chaos. 

Then you have our main heroes Bob and Dot. Dot obviously fits into the Order motif because of how obsessive she is with scheduling, planning, and not to mention all the business decisions she has to make. She's basically for all intents and purposes Mainframe's Deputy Mayor under Phong as well the Richest person in town. Bob on the other hand is a bit more different than the others. He's a Guardian, ReBoot's version of a police officer, who of course tries to keep Mainframe safe by keeping Megabyte and Hex in check as well as having to defeat the User and prevent sector from becoming nullified. Normally this would make him fit into the Order category, but his mannerisms, personality, and general outlook on life is flying by on the seat of his pants. Sure, he'll make a plan somehow if the situation is desperate, but mostly in this season he makes things up as he goes. These traits make him on a personal level fit into Chaos. I just find it nice that its the hero so far of all people who seems to represent a mixture of the two.

Daikun

Lord Il

Quote from: Peanutbutter on April 03, 2013, 09:37:17 PM"Medusa Bug" still holds up 100% and is my personal favorite out of the ones I've re-watched thus far. It's much better at showing Hexadecimal as a genuine chaotic threat than "Racing the Clock" and is legitimately creepy (especially the horrified looks frozen on Phong, Dot, and Enzo).
I remember it well.
One of the creepiest episodes for me featuring Hexadecimal was "Painted Windows". This was when she decided she wanted to be an artist and turned Mainframe into a nightmarish Salvador Dali delight. Loved it! The scene towards the end where Bob temporarily removes Hex's mask gave me the willies.

Anyone remember when ABC briefly aired ReBoot on Saturday mornings? This was just before Disney bought the network. Looking back, I'm not even sure they aired a complete season. I remember hearing about ABC having a problem with the "Painted Windows" episode where one of Hex's masks says to Bob, "Damn you, fool!" Wow.... such foul language for a Saturday morning time slot! :il_hahaha:

Quote from: Daikun on October 03, 2013, 01:39:47 AM
52 new episodes in development.
Not sure what to think about ReBoot coming back. The way technology has advanced so quickly, I have no doubt in my mind that a new series will look stunning. My concern is having everything re-imagined too much to the point of losing what it once was.

Daikun

Daikun

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on February 07, 2015, 06:20:36 PM
The first two seasons are On Demand.
I'm being picky, but I wish the sound quality was just a bit better. Nevertheless, it's nice to be able to watch these in stereo. Back when these episodes originally aired I had to watch them through a single speaker TV.

As for the new Reboot series.. hmm..
Feeling discouraged by the lack of updates being presented by Rainmaker Entertainment.
???

gunswordfist

Lord Il

Of all places to find new info about the rebooting of ReBoot, here's a recent article from CBC News..

gunswordfist

I didn't know Reboot ran for 7 years...then again, I was always lucky to catch it on so I probably didn't notice.

Anyway, it sucks that the main cast from Reboot won't be the main heroes this time but it might be able to work. I REALLY need to watch all of the first series and in order. I forgot it was on my backlog. lol

Daikun

We finally FINALLY have some preview screenshots and a press release regarding the new series.

Yep, that's totally ReBoot...