Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Started by ToonFaithful, June 29, 2011, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToonFaithful

What do you guys think about it so far? Promo is up.

After seeing the poorly-directed movie in theaters, I'm really hoping the cartoon is good. Bruce Timm, please save us.

Avaitor

Got a link? I'm a little behind, myself, but totally curious.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

ToonFaithful

Avaitor

Thank you kindly good sir.

Hmm, I'm still not a fan of CG for TV animation, but this looks a little better than I was expecting. I really like the mythology behind the Corps, so I'm holding up for this being a good show. So far, this isn't enough footage to decide whether it will be or not, but I'm still interested.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

ToonFaithful

Quote from: Avaitor on June 29, 2011, 01:18:15 PM
Thank you kindly good sir.

Hmm, I'm still not a fan of CG for TV animation, but this looks a little better than I was expecting. I really like the mythology behind the Corps, so I'm holding up for this being a good show. So far, this isn't enough footage to decide whether it will be or not, but I'm still interested.
I think Timm said this show will revolve around the Red Lanterns as antagonists. I'm wondering if Cartoon Network or Timm himself will still have them spit out blood. No big deal if they don't, as long as the story is good.

Confirmed characters as of now:
Hal Jordan
Kilowog
Salaak
The Guardians
Some unknown Green Lantern...

Avaitor

Have you guys been watching the show? I've rather been enjoying it myself, even if the dialogue is a little trite. While the character designs leave a little to be desired, they look a lot better in motion, and the action is great.

The most recent episode was especially nice, with Razer getting some much0needed vengeance.

New blog!

Daxdiv

I've been watching this as well. Such an awesome show. The action is well animated, the character are actually handled pretty well and the writing is pretty good. Razer is my favorite character in the show right now. I just like how he isn't as much as a killer as the rest of the Red Lanterns.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'll try and catch up with this show when I get a chance. I'm honestly not very familiar with GL aside from what I've watched on Justice League/Unlimited (and that wasn't even Hal Jordan, so I'm not really familiar with GL at all, for that matter).

The show has been getting some pretty positive reception so far, and I myself am a fan of superhero animated series (the good ones, at least, which there have been quite a bit of over the last decade, thankfully), so this type of show should be right up my alley.

Daxdiv

Just remember, there isn't an origin story since they expected people to see the Green Lantern movie. However, they do mention the past from time to time, like Hal mentioning how he got his ring in the first place in one episode.

Spark Of Spirit

This doesn't really have anything to do with the show specifically, but I never liked how they revived Hal Jordan in the comics and shoved Kyle Rayner to the side like that.

It's a comic issue, but for some reason whenever I see something related to Green Lantern, I think of that and I just can't bring myself to get interested.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't seen the movie (and I don't ever plan to unless I just happen to catch it on TV or something like that) but I do pretty much know the basics of GL's origins and the whole deal with the Lantern Corps, so I shouldn't have a problem getting into the series just so long as it doesn't expect me to have a lot of knowledge of previous stories and events from the comics as well.

Foggle

Honestly, I'm so used to John Stewart from Justice League that I'd probably have a hard time watching something with Hal Jordan in it. :-[

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on April 19, 2012, 10:14:58 PM
Honestly, I'm so used to John Stewart from Justice League that I'd probably have a hard time watching something with Hal Jordan in it. :-[
Now all those Twitter memories of "Why ain't Green Lantern black?" are coming back.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I'd rather have Sinestro over Hal Jordan.