Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Started by ToonFaithful, June 29, 2011, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

You know, I think before I start Hannibal, I'm going to watch the rest of this show and delete what's on my DVR. I'll probably never get to finish Young Justice, but oh well.

The last episode of this show that I watched was very good, btw. "Babel", the one where Hal, Kilowog and Razor lose their ring's powers and have to team up without being able to communicate in one language.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

Yeah, I saw this.

Although I'd prefer if they made a DVD set to make the rounds at retails, like TB&TB is doing.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

The entire series has finally been uploaded onto Netflix!  :)

The first season of Young Justice is now on there as well.

Spark Of Spirit

Did they just blow up a planet in episode 2?

Wow.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Yessir. I believe that was part of a good amount of reasons why I liked Season 1's unpredictability so much.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I finished watching this. I have to say, I was really impressed. Nice twists and turns, big space battles, and character appearances for a lot of fan favorite GL characters.

A shame it only lasted 26 episodes. It really could have gone on much longer. But at least the ending was really good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Yeah, a real shame. Hal's my fourth favorite cartoon superhero.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Glad to see that you enjoyed it. I remember you initially avoided it because you were burned out on Hal Jordan's character, but I found him incredibly likable in this series, and the rest of the characters were also great. Razor in particular had an excellent character arc. Despite ending prematurely, I still consider it to be one of my favorite DC shows.

Spark Of Spirit

Josh Keaton was great as Hal in this. I actually quite enjoyed everyone in it. Razer's arc was quite well done in how he came so far from the first episode to the end where he was finally ready to become the hero he was always meant to be.

Just wish Deidrich Bader had more appearances as Guy.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 16, 2015, 04:34:47 PM
I didn't know Bader was Guy.
Yes, that was him. He brought the right amount of cockiness and heroism to the role while still being different enough from TB&TB's version of the character.

And yeah, he's still my favorite GL.  :sweat:

gunswordfist

Weirdo. :bleh: Of course, I'll always have Hal as my favorite. I have no clue why y'all think he's generic.