Paranoia Agent & Satoshi Kon

Started by Avaitor, June 29, 2011, 01:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Here's a thread to talk about the late director's work, be it his sole series or any of the films he made.

I still have only seen Paranoia Agent and Tokyo Godfathers myself. Any recs on what to check out next?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Perfect Blue is his best work, IMO. Make sure to watch the uncut version.

Spark Of Spirit

And on the flip side, I hate Perfect Blue.

But don't take my word for it, I'm not a Kon fan beyond this show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I have a DVD of Paprika next to me that I should probably pop in.

Avaitor

This is looking to be a good year for Kon's work. Besides Paranoia Agent being easy to watch again stateside, Tokyo Godfathers is getting a new release and dub, and it's similarly easy to catch Perfect Blue and Millennium Actress.

Huzzah!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great to hear that about Tokyo Godfathers. I finally got around to Satoshi Kon's work last year, and saw Perfect Blue (which is a masterpiece, IMO), and Millenium Actress (not entirely my cup of tea, but I do really respect Kon's vision). I also watched Paranoia Agent which I could never get into back when it aired on Adult Swim because I was a stupid teenager, but it really managed to grab me at this stage in my life. I also have a digital copy of Opus, which I plan to get around to reading one of these days.

I have yet to watch Tokyo Godfathers or Paprika, though, so I'll definitely be getting around to those as soon as I can.