The Angry Beavers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 29, 2011, 01:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It's finally getting released on DVD soon, and I can't wait.

Rewatching some of this show really reminded me of how funny it was, both in its verbal and visual humor.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I caught some eps on Netflix recently, and it's a little funnier than I gave it credit for back when.

I don't think I'll be getting the set, but I'm really happy that it's coming out, since us Nick fans are finally getting what we deserve now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Oh yeah, definitely agreed.

I think out of all the Nicktoons DVD sets, this is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most. It's just been such a long time, mainly when you consider how Nick has essentially buried this series (more so than their other classics). As I mentioned in the other thread; the Nicktoons channel hasn't even aired it in at least four years, and now we're starting to get closer to five. And as much as I love Rocko, they've been airing that one consistantly on the sister channel for about a years time now, and I've caught up with it pretty well just through that. Minus a couple of Youtube clips and random Netflix downloads, I haven't seen the Beavers in years, and that's going to make this DVD release that much more meaningful for me.

Commode

One of those oft overlooked cartoons, and while I enjoy it quite a bit myself, I'll admit I didn't pay it much attention as a kid.  I think Spongebob premiering not too long after this show did was the reason why.

But, thanks to one Brandon Panther(remember him guys?  Heh heh), I gave the show another look and learned to appreciate it.  Along with Spongebob, Rocko, Hey Arnold, and possibly Zim, this is in the top tier of Nicktoons for me.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

LumRanmaYasha

I picked up the complete series set for 20 bucks yesterday at WalMart. The case sucks and doesn't close, but it's still nice to have the entire series on dvd and even though it has ten more episodes than it, I got it a good 6 bucks cheaper than the Rocko set, so it's definitely worth the money, especially if you're like me and didn't pick up the previous season releases at all.