Forum Announcements

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

We have a custom 404 page now! Refresh for different pictures. ;)

http://animationrevelation.com/not-a-real-link-lol

Foggle

Foggle

Our podcast pages now have a lovely new banner thanks to Lord Dalek!

Foggle

Lord Dalek is now an official part of the AR moderator team! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Lord Dalek

Pulls out his mod beatdown stick...  :happytime:

Foggle

HostGator is moving servers within the next few days, so there might be some downtime upcoming. We'll see.

JUST TA LET YA KNOW

Foggle

The new version of SMF I installed a few weeks ago apparently added a dummy line into one of the PHP files that broke the ability to log in. I just fixed it, so if you had trouble before, it should be working now. Sorry for not realizing this sooner.

Wow, I haven't posted in this thread in over five years.

Foggle

Sorry about the downtime today. Every time my hosting subscription renews, it seems to break the forum's SQL database, so I had to repair it. And for some reason, my IP appears to have been shadowbanned from logging into cPanel on Hostgator, so I had to access it using the 5G on my phone. It would have been back much earlier otherwise. Technology, man.

EDIT: And now I see that the blog is broken too. I will look into this...
EDIT 2: It's back.

Foggle

Quote from: Foggle on January 14, 2021, 12:34:29 AMSorry about the downtime today. Every time my hosting subscription renews, it seems to break the forum's SQL database, so I had to repair it.
Every fucking year this happens.

I also had to upgrade the forum to the newest version of SMF to make things work properly again, unfortunately this means that the Orange theme no longer works and at the moment I don't really have time to find a replacement or make things look more presentable. Hopefully everyone is okay with this default theme, if not, let me know. The spoiler tag isn't working now either, but I'll try to fix it soon.

Apparently our forum features something called "mixed content" right now which means some of the files are not secure? I believe this might have something to do with images hosted off-site but I can assure you that the actual important forum stuff is fully SSL compliant. I will look into this ASAP. Right now, your browsers might bitch at you for coming on here. :srs:

EDIT: The "mixed content" was some dumb bullshit and is fixed. Should not be any more HTTPS-related errors occurring. But now I've noticed that avatars are broken. I must investigate this too...
EDIT 2: Your avatars are now considered profile pictures for some reason. You'll have to reupload them specifically as avatars from your profile pages to get them to display like before. :wth:
EDIT 3: Now something is broken related to "attachments." No idea what to do here. Looking into it.
EDIT 4: Attachments error has been dealt with. I think. Not sure why this problem even arose.
Spoiler
EDIT 5: Spoilers should be working now.
[close]

With that, I think everything is good to go outside of making things look prettier. Let me know if you have any issues!