Mega Man

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2010, 06:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

That's the first time "Mega Buster is broken" has been explained to me. I remember that game being kind of uninspiring (that starman or whatever it's called level does it for me, for some reason. Maybe because I hate the beginning of it so much). I still need to replay the games again (and somehow beat 1. Also, 7 is giving fits but at least I was close on that one and doing the secret Proto Man boss fight should be incentive enough to try the game again). Also, I've barely touched 8. I wanted to do the games in order, anyway.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 29, 2014, 06:11:41 PMDr. Ensatsu-ken, have you ever managed to beat X2 or X3?

I got close to the end of X2 but didn't manage to beat it. I still haven't played X3, but I'll get back to both games eventually.

Spark Of Spirit

Are you playing on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection or just randomly?

I've met a lot of people who think 4, 5, or 6, is the best game, so I really don't know how close my taste is to general Mega Man fans. I do know I like 7 more than most fans and 4 less.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 29, 2014, 07:06:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 29, 2014, 06:11:41 PMDr. Ensatsu-ken, have you ever managed to beat X2 or X3?

I got close to the end of X2 but didn't manage to beat it. I still haven't played X3, but I'll get back to both games eventually.
Did you try to beat the X-Hunters in X2 or just go straight for the end? I still have problems fighting the X-Hunters now even though I've got most of the rest of X2 down. Their patterns are just so tricky. Agile aside.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I did, but I only managed to beat one of them. Those fights are pretty tough unless you use the elements that each boss is weak against.

gunswordfist

When I played it, it was on Megaman Anniversary Collection. At first I tried to beat them all in order then I believe I dissolved into just beating all the pre-7 games I could. Basically, I played them closely together. Importantly for this, I played 4 and 5 very closely together and I think 5 is basically a better version of 4 i.e. both have the Mega Buster and have a Dr. Wily gets "replaced" with another villain. I forgot to mention the latter in my last post.

Spark Of Spirit

One thing Mega Man Xtreme 2 does that I wish other Mega Man games did is that it has a boss rush. Not just any boss rush- but bosses from both Xtreme games. Two boss rushes. In other words, you do this in one life and no sub-tanks. I mean, check this out:

Chill Penguin
Storm Eagle
Flame Stag
Spark Mandrill
Wheel Gator
Armored Armadillo
Morph Moth
Magna Centipede

or

Launch Octopus
Neon Tiger
Volt Catfish
Flame Mammoth
Wire Sponge
Overdrive Ostrich
Blast Hornet
Tunnel Rhino

All in one run each.

If only there was an Xtreme 3 to cobble in Boomer Kuwanger, Sting Chameleon, Crystal Snail, Bubble Crab, Blizzard Buffalo, Toxic Seahorse, Crush Crawfish, and Gravity Beetle and have the ultimate 16-bit X boss rush. Not to mention an ultimate mode to put them all together. But still, it's such an obvious mode and it's a shame no Mega Man game has quite embraced it. Imagine being able to choose any 8 special weapons to equip yourself with and then go through that? Now that would be a challenge.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I tried Mega Man 2.5D V. 2.0 yesterday. Frustration ensued. Hopefully 3.0, which I have, is better.

talonmalon333

What do you think of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection? As well as the X Collection?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 04:48:06 PM
What do you think of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection? As well as the X Collection?
If you're asking about the Gamecube version I can say a few things. The first anniversary collection has flipped controls (b and a are switched for some strange reason) and Mega Man 7 has part of its ending cut off. Otherwise I'd say its worth it for the arcade games and being the only Nintendo version of Mega Man 8, but otherwise it depends on if you can get past the flipped controls and the d-pad being awful for 2D games.

The X Collection is better made, but it has the unfortunate side effect of not having all the X games and the inferior PS1 version of X3. Of course it also has Mega Man X6, one of the worst Mega Man games ever made which is a shame but having the first X games in one place is nice.

Avaitor

Occasionally I'll see the non-X collection and want to buy it, but it's usually a little too much for me. Especially since I'm not crazy on the reversed controls.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

How about the PS2 version?

Also, I hear Anniversary Collection on PS2 added a remixed soundtrack. How is it? And is it possible to still play the games with their original soundtrack on the PS2 version?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 30, 2015, 05:30:45 PM
How about the PS2 version?

Also, I hear Anniversary Collection on PS2 added a remixed soundtrack. How is it? And is it possible to still play the games with their original soundtrack on the PS2 version?
The PS2 version is also flipped, but you can shoot with X and jump with O at least. The d-pad is also not the best for 2D platformers.

The remixed soundtrack is very eh. Really, the only Capcom remixes of MM games I've liked were in the arcade games like this and which are true to the originals and unique enough to stand on their own. You can play with the original soundtracks.

gunswordfist

wait, is my xbox version of megaman anniversary collection safe from any of that?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 30, 2015, 06:16:25 PM
wait, is my xbox version of megaman anniversary collection safe from any of that?
Not when it comes to the d-pad or flipped buttons I'd assume. Never played that version, though.

gunswordfist

it's been too long since i played it. i do remember the face button controls being different from xbla's megaman 9 but it was the first mega man game(s) i ever owned and it was 2008 when i got the game so i didn't play 9 yet and was weirded out by the controls. lol