Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Right now there is a rumor going around that Korra will premiere in the Spring. Nick's official website set up a message board for Korra recently saying that the series will premiere in Spring. This is the forum description that is right above the board.

QuoteWith the Hundred Year War long over, benders live harmoniously with non-benders in a bustling steampunk paradise called Republic City. Meanwhile, a bull-headed but incredibly talented 17-year-old Avatar named Korra is growing into her powers in Southern Water country. But how long can the peace really last, and what will happen when Korra escapes to the city and these worlds collide? You'll find out when Korra comes to Nick this Spring, but until then, keep on top of all the Avatar: Legend Of Korra gossip, right here!

If anything, people are getting their hopes up that it might premiere after the Kids Choice Awards which would follow a tradition of having a premiere after the KCA.

Spark Of Spirit

So then the 2013 rumor turned out to be bunk? Well, good, because Nick doesn't really have anything else interesting going for it now and probably won't until this airs.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

THIS Spring? Rumors are saying shit like it's coming out in 2013
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Normally, I would go with the 2013 rumors as well, but seeing as how Nick's official message boards have a place to talk about Korra, it could be airing soon.

http://www.nick.com/mynick/messageboards/viewboard.jhtml?bID=106921

I mean really, why would Nick make a message board like this for a series they probably wouldn't air next year? It makes more sense to have the series premiere this year with stuff like this and all the leaks I've been seeing on places like Tumblr,

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Spring eh? That's a much better time table then what we heard a few months ago.

Bracing myself for shitty Nick scheduling though. I swear, they decide when and what to air by shooting their piss at a chart.

Daxdiv

I'm not expecting them to give Korra the Friday Night slot they gave the first series. I just know that I should expect the first 10 episodes or so, then Nick will play roulette with deciding when to air the next episodes in the batch. That's my only complaint with Nick's airing of episodes. They have these episodes they sit on, while other international markets air them first. I remember when I was young and looked up info on other Nicktoons, I noticed that other countries aired episodes way before we got them.

Spark Of Spirit

Isn't the first season around 12 episodes or so? They'll probably burn all those off and take a break again. They didn't do a very good job with the original show when it comes to airings.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm fairly confident it'll have a slot on the Saturday morning block. I remember last year they had this huge slate of stuff they wanted to have for a Saturday line up, and they seemed determined to make it their destination for premieres and stuff.

Daxdiv

Is anyone else following their Tumblr account? They posted a clip of the show recently on that and it's pretty neat to boot. This is first official clip of the show that hit the internet.

http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/18820128707/the-white-lotus-travel-to-a-distant-village-to

Spark Of Spirit

"I'm the Avatar, you gotta deal with it!"

I hope they nail this one.

gunswordfist

Me too. I'm expecting this show to be filler free.

Daxdiv

Might as well post this. Looks like there's a new sport in the world of the Avatar. If anything you get to see more bending in this. Somewhere, there is a video game tie-in to be made here.

Daxdiv

I bring good news. Korra's first episode will air on April 14th at 11 AM EST. That and if you didn't know, they're going to call the series "The Legend of Korra" and just that. Kind of glad they didn't add the Last Airbender to the title since that would have made zero sense. Well that and Avatar was called "The Legend of Aang" overseas.

gunswordfist

............of this year? Funny, the last post I made on this site was me not giving a damn about Nick. Now I want the channel back. Will they be showing the episodes weekly, dicking around and having unnecessary breaks between them again or is it one of those damn show previews where they show the first episode and don't continue the show for some months?

Also, any chance of the show be available legally online?

Spark Of Spirit

April 11th? Sweet! I'm glad to see that the 2013 rumors were totally bunk after all.