Started by Avaitor, July 01, 2011, 08:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I've been loving this season as well. I still think 3 is the best, but this one is up there. Those republic city soldiers got fucked by the spirit cannon, and I actually love the mech, especially since Kuvira controls it through metalbending. One thing someone somewhere else pointed out that I didn't connect the dots on, but makes sense, is that the mech is made out of the removed domes of Zaofu.

I just loved that whole scene. I was honestly expecting some zeppelin to replace the train or something, but once I saw the gargantuan legs fade it, I literally said "noooo..." at the computer screen. 'Twan awesome.

Can't wait for the finale. Seeing how much this show has improved over season two makes it a little bittersweet. I just hope the finale delivers.

Daikun

They uploaded the finale early. Go watch it!

Il Juude

Done with watching the finale. For all my trepidation this season it all turned out much better than I expected. And that last scene... It's nice. Nothing more.

Nel_Annette

I liked it. Was hoping for a bit more hand to hand combat between Korra and Kuvira but I liked all the ways they slowed down the mech. Pretty much everything was on point, Sato's death, Mako's lightning scene, Varrick and whatsherface.

But yeah, the elephant in the room...

They're lesbians, right? That's what I took away from this season. That or really, really good friends.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm sure if Nick allowed them, they would've kissed then and there.

Daxdiv

I like to imagine that they're having sex in the Spirit World right now. Either that or sharing a passionate kiss.

MY SHIP WINS! YES! YES! YES!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And Korrasami shippers everywhere fainted in delight.

Anyways, as a seasons finale I liked it, for the most part. As an overall series finale, it felt a tad bit disappointing if only because I felt like there was more that they could've done with some characters, and it did feel a bit rushed in that regard, but overall I can't complain.

As for the series as a whole, I'll need to re-watch it one day to properly evaluate it, but I'd say that while nowhere near as good as ATLA (except for maybe Book 1 of ATLA), it was still a solid show in its own right, Book 2 aside.

LumRanmaYasha

Overall a decent finale that ended the series on a good note. I kind of felt they tried too hard to cram in things for all the major characters to do, but I can't say there was any part of it I particularly disliked. The season overall was alright. Some missed potential with some characters and a few plot elements that seemed crammed in and/or under-developed, but overall solid entertainment. Not as strong as Book 3, but still but pretty good. As for the series as a whole, these last two seasons have given me a fairly favorable opinion on it as a whole, though I still have mixed feelings on the first season and hate the second season. This series never reached the heights A:TLA did at it's best, and that's a shame, but in it's last two seasons I do think it became pretty good television that I enjoyed watching, and it's ending is bittersweet in the fact that with it gone, there'll basically no more american action cartoons for the considerable future (like, until that new Transformers show comes out). Hopefully Mike and Bryan can move on to better things now with a Network that actually knows what the fuck they are doing. Even with the misteeps of this series, I'm still interested in seeing a new, non-Avatar series come from them.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Peanutbutter

Caught up to the last episodes. The action throughout the finale was great. I can see some people argue that Korra and Asami are still only friends, but the way they held hands pretty much seals it. Interesting that they chose to end things there.

Overall, it may not have been as good as it's predecessor, but I still think Korra was a good series. If Nick had handled it better, it probably would have surpassed A:TLA. Now with this show gone, the only thing left is TMNT unless by some miracle Nick picks up another action series. Or at least air some of the stuff they dumped on Toon Nick on Nick proper.

Il Juude

I believe Bryke has confirmed Korra and Asami having the gayz for each other.

Going to rewatch Book 4 probably within the next week or so I can process this a bit more.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 19, 2014, 01:02:11 AM
They're lesbians, right? That's what I took away from this season. That or really, really good friends.

The creators have came out and said that... Yes, Korrasami is CANON!

Avaitor

Wouldn't that technically make them bi, or even pansexual?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on December 22, 2014, 07:57:53 PM
Wouldn't that technically make them bi, or even pansexual?

Maybe. At least the bisexual part from Bryan's words on the matter. Since he did go out of his way to say that "...bisexual people are real!" So they're at least Bi, if not lesbians. Since, after all, it's not unheard of gay people dating other gendered people before coming out the closet, so that is one argument that people could make towards them being lesbians. Pansexual is up to what your definition of that word is.