Loonatics Unleashed: The Thread

Started by Kiddington, August 21, 2011, 05:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Call it a product of pure late-night boredom. Anyway, here we are, folks; the official Loonatics Unleashed discussion thread.

...and now, without further ado, I present to you all, COMPLETE in its entirety; the worst episode ever! Watch at your own risk:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

God, what an awful show. I'm still trying to wrap my head around just how garbage like this was allowed to even exist, much less find its way off the drawing board. Or, for that matter, just how they managed to blackmail Rob Paulsen into lending his voice to this nightmare.

So... umm... discuss? Or... not?  :awesome:

Commode

I've never actually seen this show, but I don't really want to give a chance, since I don't see any way that the show's premise would work with these characters; it's pretty much the complete opposite of when the characters were created.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Man, I still don't know why this was greenlit, but at least they learned from their mistakes here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Yeah, that's one thing you can say at least about TLTS; as boring as it is, at least it isn't offensive (well, except for the Merry Melodies; those are embarrassing) like Loonatics was. The production values are there as well, whereas this was just a bush-league, B-movie quality rehash of tired ideas done before.

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on August 21, 2011, 10:05:49 AM
I've never actually seen this show, but I don't really want to give a chance, since I don't see any way that the show's premise would work with these characters; it's pretty much the complete opposite of when the characters were created.
Unless you want to historically document the rise and fall of Looney Tunes in the modern era (with either this or Space Jam, depending on your taste, constituting as rock bottom), or you just like watching/reviewing bad television, you're best off staying away from it. The entire series is available on DVD, though, if you're interested; you can usually find both seasons in places like Big Lots for about $2-3 a piece.

...speaking of which, I still cannot believe Warner Home Video released this on DVD, in its entirety, while a superior production like Duck Dodgers is still rotting away inside a vault somewhere. Just another reason why I hate that company.