Rocket Power

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

To be honest, I hated this show. Despised it, even. But for some reason I watched it anyway. I guess nothing was on.

WOOGITY WOOGITY WOOGITY
SHOOBIES
THE SQUID BEEFED IT
etc.

God, what a bad show. (No offense to anyone here who happened to like it)

Foggle

Yeah, I never liked it, either. One of the few cartoons I would actively avoid when I was younger, and I would watch pretty much anything animated regardless of quality back then.

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry to anyone who liked it, but I still think this is the single worst Nicktoon and show to ever air on Nick.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on July 03, 2011, 01:35:25 AM
Sorry to anyone who liked it, but I still think this is the single worst Nicktoon and show to ever air on Nick.
Bottom 5, sure. But is it really worse than Mr. Meaty? That shit makes me retch.

Eddy

Oh, god, I forgot about Mr. Meaty. Why did you remind me?  :gonk:

But was there anyone who actually liked Rocket Power? This and Catdog were the two Nicktoons I remember flat out hating.

Spark Of Spirit

I completely forgot about Mr. Meaty... Thank you for bringing that back.

But yeah, there are a few fans of this show out there. I'm not sure why though, I find this to be focus tested safe drivel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Liked it when I was a kid. As a young adult, the show falls squarely in the "So Bad It's Good" territory.

Dr. Insomniac

I find it odd how Klasky-Csupo are making minor comebacks through memes lately. Stu and his pudding, Tito and the Ancient Hawaiian mantras, and Nigel Thornberry. How will As Told By Ginger be brought back through the unwashed hands of the internet? Hoodsey macros?

Spark Of Spirit

Those memes are really weird to me but then most memes are.

The Stu making pudding is a legitimately funny moment from the episode, though. The other stuff is just odd.

Avaitor

I've seen a few Ginger gifs and macros on tumblr, but I can't think of anything from the show that would stick like Nigel Thornberry.

Also, I still say that this is Rocket Power's only redeeming quality. And he only appeared in one episode.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Rocket Power was garbage, for the most part. Even as a kid I thought it sucked.

I never hated CatDog, but I never really cared that much for it either. I always was and still am fairly indifferent to it.

If you want to go into another series I downright hated (which oddly enough I think a lot of other people seem to have "fond" memories of), I LOATHE The Wild Thornberrys. Such annoying characters, such boring plots, and such god-awful writing. I never saw how anyone could tolerate to watch that show, though I apologize to anyone here who really did like it.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

I liked it back in the day too, but I was also into skateboarding around the time the show was on.  I never saw it as a great show, but I did watch it.

And I agree with EK in that The Wild Thornberries was my least favorite Nicktoon.  In retrospect though, Rocket Power, As Told by Ginger, and Catdog really aren't too far from my least favorite as well.  Oh yeah, and that certain show with the fairies where just about every character was annoying beyond belief.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Quote from: SNES Chalmers on July 03, 2011, 02:38:21 PM
Oh yeah, and that certain show with the fairies where just about every character was annoying beyond belief.
Ugh, I can't believe I used to enjoy that shit.

I actually kind of liked The Wild Thornberries and CatDog (not a lot, mind you), but I always hated As Told By Ginger. Rocket Power and Mr. Meaty are far and away the worst of the bunch, though.

Avaitor

I have a bit of a soft spot for Ginger, and I give it credit for being the closest thing to an animated drama series we've had. Some of the melodrama could be quite effective, too, at least when they focused on the family issues of the characters instead of typical middle school bs that plagued the series.

It's far from perfect, but I'd buy it if Shout put it out on DVD.

As for Mr. Meaty, ugh. I saw some of that a friend's house before, and I want it back out of my head. NOW.

New blog!