Rocket Power

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I also hated The Wild Thornberrys. I think what annoyed me about the show most of all was how the predator was treated as the big, evil villain when all it was doing was trying to survive. And then along comes Eliza and stops the animal from getting its meal. Nice going, Eliza, now that python is going to starve.

Thank god I'm not the only one who hated Fairly Odd Parents. I kind of can't stand Butch Hartman's stuff in general, to be honest.

Avaitor

Back on the old board, we had a pretty good thread trashing Hartman's work. It started with me talking about one of the most offensive Danny Phantom episodes, and snowballed into us talking about the problems of that show, why FOP doesn't appeal to most of us, and into why we weren't looking forward to TUFF Puppy and the live-action movie.

There's some glorious stuff from there, but it's all gone.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Quote from: Eddy on July 03, 2011, 07:26:58 PM
And then along comes Eliza and stops the animal from getting its meal. Nice going, Eliza, now that python is going to starve.

Yeah, I remember that one episode where Eliza was trying to make a Komodo Dragon eat vegetables and the Komodo Dragon was like "LOL NO! I'M GOING TO EAT YOU!" I don't remember the rest of that episode, cause like someone else said at another board I go to Wild Thornberries was like that show you would watch when nothing else was on and you would only remember it if someone brought it up.

Katie Holt

Quote from: Eddy on July 03, 2011, 01:39:16 AM

But was there anyone who actually liked Rocket Power?
*raises hand*
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

talonmalon333

So I've just come to terms with a fact that I always denied. Rocket Power was my guilty pleasure when I was a child. :P

I knew that it sucked, but I watched it. The funny thing is that I claimed to hate it back then. I would watch episodes of it, and make fun of them from start to finish. But dammit, I did watch them. I knew the lyrics to the opening, I had seen and pretty much remembered more episodes and quotes than I should've, but I sure did bash it and bash it without end. :P

gunswordfist

I don't care what anyone says, Rocket Power is a good show.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

SSJ Jake

I like some of the jokes on Rocket Power, namely Tito's Ancient Hawaiian running gag, "sand in the potato salad" and as Avaitor brought up earlier "that's the spirit!" Otherwise yeah, the show sucked. Obnoxious kids doing EXTREEEEEME sports =/= fun.

YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

Goldstar

Rocket Power is, IMHO, the worst Nicktoon of all time, with CatDog coming in at a close second. The only reason why I don't include Mr. Meaty is because, a) I never saw an entire episode of Mr. Meaty, and b) Mr. Meaty is technically a puppet show, not a cartoon.

Soulless by product of committee to cash in on a flashy trend (in this case, extreme sports). No characters to care about, only generic archetypes. Annoying buzzwords inserted randomly between scenes. There was something here for everyone to hate.

No offense meant to anyone who enjoyed the show, though.  :humhumhum:
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Insomniac

The only character who I can really remember with anything but relentless scorn is Tito.

Peanutbutter

I really hated the spray-tan look they used. Reggie looked downright hideous with it.

Daikun

I remember the first time I'd seen an episode of Rocket Power. My younger cousin (who was visiting at the time) turned the TV on to this crap. That theme song... My precious ears... :shit:

Also, the nonstop pandering to the "Xtreme Sports" demographic just seemed way too out of date by the time that show premiered. Wasn't skateboarding a popular trend in the EARLY 90s and not close to Y2K?

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on August 08, 2013, 05:10:36 PM
Also, the nonstop pandering to the "Xtreme Sports" demographic just seemed way too out of date by the time that show premiered. Wasn't skateboarding a popular trend in the EARLY 90s and not close to Y2K?
Oh no, extreme sports were totally a big thing in the late 90's-early aughts. Remember Tony Hawk?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

talonmalon333

Last night, from about 12:00 AM to 2:00 AM, I watched reruns of this show and CatDog. That must be the most depressing way to spend a night. All I needed was alcohol to drown out my sorrows. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on July 03, 2011, 07:31:35 PM
Back on the old board, we had a pretty good thread trashing Hartman's work. It started with me talking about one of the most offensive Danny Phantom episodes, and snowballed into us talking about the problems of that show, why FOP doesn't appeal to most of us, and into why we weren't looking forward to TUFF Puppy and the live-action movie.

Out of curiosity, do you remember the episode in question?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 08, 2014, 04:25:36 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 03, 2011, 07:31:35 PM

Out of curiosity, do you remember the episode in question?
Yeah, the hour-long episode with the Infinity Gauntlet rip-off. I don't feel like looking up the name, but IIRC, it was the season 2 finale.

New blog!