The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Daxdiv

Why does the villain look like something from Clarence?

Peanutbutter

The sneak peeks I've seen look okay. Can't fully tell without seeing a whole episode, but so far it seems like it will be decent. The new series definitely has a different tone to it.

Quote from: Daxdiv on February 12, 2016, 01:47:59 AM
Why does the villain look like something from Clarence?

Its just the way the style for some characters are in this.

Daikun

Two new promos! This time with animation and voice clips!

Daikun

Premiere date: April 4 at 6PM.

Peanutbutter

I'm actually liking everything I've seen since they started showing clips. I imagine Craig and Lauren aren't going to be happy no matter what, but I think the show seems to have potential.

gunswordfist

So Craig's not involved? That reminds me, I wonder how good the revival's writing will be. Also wonder how big it'll be.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

No he and Lauren aren't involved. They weren't happy about it when it was announced. On the hand I know it was their creation, but seeing how mediocre the final two seasons got under their watch plus some of the problems Foster had before its end it might be for the best. Wander Over Yonder has still been good when I watch it, but the two of them can and have screwed things up. Bendy, anyone?

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 22, 2016, 06:28:30 PMNo he and Lauren aren't involved. They weren't happy about it when it was announced. On the hand I know it was their creation, but seeing how mediocre the final two seasons got under their watch plus some of the problems Foster had before its end it might be for the best.

Craig had nothing to do with the final seasons of PPG. He left the show a few years in to start work on Foster's. I'm not sure how long he stayed on Foster's (I stopped watching somewhere around the second or third season), although I imagine he left that show, too.

The problem with CN shows in general is that the creators have to sacrifice all rights of their characters to the network in order to get the greenlight, hence why some of them went downhill over time. Disney is a lot nicer and allows more creative control, hence why WOY has been way better than his previous creations.

gunswordfist

Disney nicer than CN with creator rights? What bizarro world did I just enter..

Anyway, yeah I didn't know whether or not Craig was involved. I am not saying that the show will have bad writing without him at all but PPG had some pretty damn good writing. Arguably the best out of any Cartoon Cartoon or CN original, really. I'm not asking for it to get that level but I'd like to see them get at close or hell, not be mediocre, at least.

Avaitor

I can't think of too many longer-running CN originals that had their creators stay from start to finish. EEnE, Courage, and Regular Show come to mind first, and the latter is still running.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

:whuh: I do not want to see Regular Show without J.G. They better end the show if he even so much as thinks about stepping away.

Daikun

The new series begins today at 6PM. There will be two episodes today, then a new episode every weekday for two weeks.

gunswordfist

Daikun