The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

I loved PPG but, yeah, we really don't need a reboot. The post-movie episodes were forgettable and I also didn't care for the 10th anniversary special.

Kiddington

Hey, maybe THAT'S why Lauren Faust left FiM!  :awesome:

In all seriousness though... why? I'd be way more on board with an EEnE reboot or something; we never even did get a full final season for that.

Avaitor

I dunno, the movie was as perfect of a finale you can get.

I'm more curious as to how Antonucci's animated horror movie is coming along. We could really use something like that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Goldstar

I'm confused. By "reboot", are we talking about another PPG special, or a new PPG series? Because I guess I'd be OK with the former (the 20th anniversary special was OK, but not great), but if it's the latter I have to dog pile on this and ask "Why?". The last season episodes of PPG ranged from forgettable to just plain awful, with "See Me, Feel Me, Gnomey" being the only stand-out episode, and I see no reason to renew PPG if Craig McCracken isn't going to be involved.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Avaitor

I thought it was just a special, but I guess it's a new series after all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Mr. Big

Quote from: Kiddington on December 16, 2012, 11:45:59 PM
Hey, maybe THAT'S why Lauren Faust left FiM!  :awesome:

In all seriousness though... why? I'd be way more on board with an EEnE reboot or something; we never even did get a full final season for that.
In all seriousness, Lauren Faust's not involved. She confirmed on twitter.

LumRanmaYasha

The new Powerpuff Girls special is (finally) airing on January 20th 2014.

QuoteThe Girls Are Back In Townsville!

The Powerpuff Girls Save the World Before Bedtime Again In All-New Special

Beatles Legend Ringo Starr Joins Original Voice Cast Catherine Cavadini, Tara Strong, E.G. Daily, Roger L. Jackson, Tom Kane and Tom Kenny in ?Dance Pantsed?

Global Launch Begins with U.S. Premiere on January 20 at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network

?Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice?plus a dash of mysterious Chemical X? were the essential ingredients that created Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup?also known as The Powerpuff Girls. This groundbreaking and Emmy?-winning series, created by Craig McCracken, recently celebrated its 15-year anniversary on Cartoon Network and will soar again as a brand-new, redesigned and re-imagined CG special where the trio of pint-sized super heroines will be called upon to rescue not just the city of Townsville, but the world, all before bedtime! ?Dance Pantsed? is set to premiere in the U.S. on Monday, January 20 at 7:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network and will roll-out internationally beginning in February. The special features the original voice cast reprising their roles: Catherine Cavadini as Blossom, Tara Strong as Bubbles, E.G. Daily as Buttercup, Roger L. Jackson as Mojo Jojo, Tom Kane as The Professor and Tom Kenny as The Mayor with a special guest appearance by Beatles legend Ringo Starr as Fibonacci Sequins, Townsville?s most famous flamboyant mathematician.  In addition, Ringo Starr performs an original music video and song ?I Wish I Was A Powerpuff Girl.?

In ?Dance Pantsed,? why is Mojo Jojo kidnapping a mathematician, an opera singer and a badger? To steal Chemical X, of course, and to finally take over Townsville. But when the Powerpuff Girls thwart his plan, he invents an evil video game called ?Dance Pants R-EVILution? to control their minds and bodies to fulfill his evil plot! The Professor must visit his dark dancing past to save his girls so they can save all of Townsville!

Leading-up to the premiere of ?Dance Pantsed,? Cartoon Network is showcasing ten classic episodes of The Powerpuff Girls for a five-hour marathon on Sunday, January 19 beginning at 12 p.m. (ET/PT). Can?t get enough of The Powerpuff Girls? Fans will also enjoy an all-new mobile game launching January 2014. Players can become their favorite Powerpuff Girl and play through action-packed levels, fight hordes of evil robots and unlock power upgrades to defeat Mojo Jojo.

Silverstar

I've tried, but I just can't get excited about this special. Maybe it's because I've been subjected to so much PPG over the past 10 years or so, or maybe I'm just underwhelmed by the lackluster movie and 5th season or maybe I still haven't completely washed the bad taste of that last special out of my mouth, but I'm just kind of bored by PPG now; I can't bring myself to care anymore.

And the synopsis of this special is so...bleh. They're facing off against Mojo Jojo again?? And they're spoofing DDR in this? Really? Is that still a hot topic? This sounds more like a regular episode of the show than a special, or maybe that's the idea. Yeah, the art style is supposed to be different, but story-wise, it's just the same old same old.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

I personally thought the 10th anniversary episode was awful, and after seeing what previews are leaking of this new special, I'm not interested.

Avaitor

I'm personally annoyed that they're airing this a couple of days after Ed, Edd n' Eddy's anniversary, which CN is doing nothing for.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 16, 2013, 09:56:47 PMI'm personally annoyed that they're airing this a couple of days after Ed, Edd n' Eddy's anniversary, which CN is doing nothing for.

It's because they can't. The show was produced by a.k.a. Cartoon, not CN Studios.

Peanutbutter

The 10th anniversary special was great, what are you talking about?

I'll wait until I see previews for this special on TV to say anything about it.

Avaitor

To be fair, I've only seen the Cartoon Network version of the 10th anniversary special, while apparently the DVD version is a little slowed down, but that was all over the place. On top of that, PPG didn't really fit with Foster's animation style.

But I haven't seen the thing since it aired, so maybe it's better than I remember.

New blog!

Silverstar

I'm already suffering with PPG Burnout, and the fact that Craig McCracken isn't penning this doesn't make me any more enthusiastic.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

They were right, those redesigns are awful.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody