The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

How many fanfic cliches has the new Powerpuff Girls done already? The self-insert author character who dates one of the girls. The OC 4th Powerpuff with blue hair. Weird detours into the writer's personal views instead of actual plot. I'm just waiting for an MPreg episode starring the Rowdyruff Boys.

Spark Of Spirit

There's zero chance they'll ever use the Rowdyruff Boys and even less of a chance they'd get them right if they did.

All the show is missing is Family Guy style "stop the plot and comedy we have to educate the audience on something very important" crap. I suspect it'll happen eventually.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Man, I just wanna go back to the simpler times where we mocked the animation errors.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 08, 2017, 11:35:38 AM
There's zero chance they'll ever use the Rowdyruff Boys and even less of a chance they'd get them right if they did.

All the show is missing is Family Guy style "stop the plot and comedy we have to educate the audience on something very important" crap. I suspect it'll happen eventually.
"Why aren't we supporting this?!"
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 07, 2017, 11:03:37 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 07, 2017, 06:28:30 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 07, 2017, 12:03:02 AM
There is nothing about this show that isn't awful beyond belief.

That's not entirely true. Man Boy's episodes were good.
:unimpressed:

Maurice LaMarche is that good. ;)

Dr. Insomniac

LumRanmaYasha

I'm not against a new Powerpuff Girl in principle, but yeah...it's really hard to trust this isn't another self-insert wish-fulfillment thing after Jared. But she can't turn out to be any worse than him...can she?  :whuh:

gunswordfist

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on September 08, 2017, 11:57:56 PM
I'm not against a new Powerpuff Girl in principle, but yeah...it's really hard to trust this isn't another self-insert wish-fulfillment thing after Jared. But she can't turn out to be any worse than him...can she?  :whuh:
PPG: Hold my beer.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

I still haven't seen any of this yet.

is it worth a hatewatch

Dr. Insomniac

Any of the episodes with Jared are funny for the "Writer wants to fuck Blossom and wrote himself into the episode" reason.

Dr. Insomniac

Daxdiv

There better be some context behind this, cause out of context it looks like they threw anatomy out the window.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't think there is anyone competent working on this thing.

That might sound harsh, but I haven't seen anyone drop the ball this hard on every single aspect of a show since at least Problem Solverz.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 14, 2017, 05:33:15 PM

That might sound harsh, but I haven't seen anyone drop the ball this hard on every single aspect of a show since at least Problem Solverz.

:whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 14, 2017, 05:33:15 PM
Now, now, let's not be harsh. I'm sure Tom Kane, Tom Kenny, Jennifer Hale, and some of the other VAs are doing the best with what they're given.