Dexter's Laboratory

Started by Avaitor, July 03, 2011, 03:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Comeau on October 08, 2012, 03:49:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYLmB4o6X8E&feature=g-all-f

I won't hold my breath for this.

Whaaaaaaaaaat? How did I miss this?

Hard to tell if it's just AS messing with us or what, but man, that'd be pretty sweet.

Avaitor

Well if one thing is for sure about Dexter's Rude Removal, it has got to be pretty articulate with its use of swearing to get banned so easily. Rugrats, SpongeBob and PPG got away with similar episodes, and those got on TV just fine. There must be something about this one that made it be the one that S&SP vowed to never see the light of day.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43455362&postcount=19

Apparently they are still working towards getting it to air.  This at least implies they have access to it.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

....So who's Jeff?

Anyway, wow. This will be interesting.

Daikun

Kiddington

Interesting, to say the least.

I wonder where this supposed copy is even coming from. If Genndy or Craig or anyone else involved with the show back then didn't even have it, then who did? Or was it just lying around inside a vault at CN all this time (more likely scenario)?

Whatever the case, can't wait to finally see it. Hope it doesn't disappoint; I'd hate for the legacy to be tarnished due to it being mediocre.

Daikun

Quote from: Cosmonaut on December 04, 2012, 09:05:54 AMWhatever the case, can't wait to finally see it. Hope it doesn't disappoint; I'd hate for the legacy to be tarnished due to it being mediocre.

Agreed. I remember seeing lots of "banned" material and being disappointed when it was finally unveiled.

The unaired Family Guy episode that made it to Adult Swim? A rather subpar episode.

Song of the South? (Yes, I've seen it.) It's not bad, but not good, either. Not really the "Holy Grail" of Disney films, considering its banned reputation here in the States; it's just average.

I'm really hoping DRR is actually worth seeing after its decade-long burial.

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 03, 2012, 10:54:29 PM
....So who's Jeff?
Jeff Bennett?

I'm guessing Dexter's dad must have a pretty big role in this episode then.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Daikun on December 04, 2012, 10:07:56 AM
Quote from: Cosmonaut on December 04, 2012, 09:05:54 AMWhatever the case, can't wait to finally see it. Hope it doesn't disappoint; I'd hate for the legacy to be tarnished due to it being mediocre.

Agreed. I remember seeing lots of "banned" material and being disappointed when it was finally unveiled.

The unaired Family Guy episode that made it to Adult Swim? A rather subpar episode.

Song of the South? (Yes, I've seen it.) It's not bad, but not good, either. Not really the "Holy Grail" of Disney films, considering its banned reputation here in the States; it's just average.

I'm really hoping DRR is actually worth seeing after its decade-long burial.

Personally, I think the language will probably end up being pretty tamed considering what shows like South Park & Family Guy are able to get away with saying/doing. At least the way they'll say the words, the episode itself could be entertaining.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Damn it Jeff, upload it already.

I hope this isn't another fake out either. I'm preparing my butt pain cream already and I don't wanna use it.

Avaitor

New blog!

hobbyfan

My take on Dexter's Lab:

CN blew it big time by not spinning off Monkey or the Justice Friends to their own series. Like, they opted to give IM Weasel his own show----and screwed that by cutting the order short on new eps, recycling old material----but didn't think enough of the JF or Monkey to do the same?

Favorite episodes:

Dexter Dodgeball. 'Nuff said, though I wouldn't have gone to such extremes.
Mock 5. Everyone's favorite, only because it not only was a send up of Speed Racer, but 60's anime in general.

Don't know the title, but they also did a Wacky Races parody that should be on a stand-alone DVD release with Mock 5. 'Nuff said there.

There's also a non-Dexter-centric ep with guest stars Fred Willard & Martin Mull voicing a pair of robots that go out for a night on the town. Hysterical.

The last one would be Dee Dee as a mime taking down a clownified Dexter, and the cops providing running commentary. Don't know the title of that one, either.

Silverstar

Quote from: hobbyfan on January 21, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

There's also a non-Dexter-centric ep with guest stars Fred Willard & Martin Mull voicing a pair of robots that go out for a night on the town. Hysterical.

I believe that was "Lab on the Run". The only post-Genndy short that I found halfway decent.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

New blog!