Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on August 19, 2015, 10:41:53 AM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 19, 2015, 09:47:53 AM
What do you all really care if you don't watch it anymore?
It's a waste of paper, money, and effort that could go to something new and promising, for a series that is beyond irrelevant. At least kids do still like SpongeBob, but I don't know of any child that really even knows what FOP is. That's what gets to me.
I would agree with this. Nick needs something that will bring in the kids and the ratings. This show has proven to do neither for about half its run.

For a company that has had no problem throwing away well preforming shows in the past because they weren't at Spongebob's level of popularity, the fact that they keep FOP around is nonsensical when it's been a proven dud for years.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Just find it odd how this gets more attention here than the sponge does. I saw some episodes of it with Poof and thought they were okay, but nothing special. Haven't watch it since so maybe it does suck horribly now. I still think it's silly to care about one show getting renewed when you're not watching it in the first place. Plus, Nick has finally started greenlighting more cartoons so the whole "it's a waste because other shows aren't getting an opportunity" sentiment is false.

Spark Of Spirit

Spongebob barely ever airs new episodes. It's still burning off its season 9 order from a few years ago and most airings center on season 1-4 episodes. That and getting Hillenburg back means Nick is actively trying to keep it afloat.

The reason we don't talk about it much is literally because of their slow season 9 burn-off and that we're waiting for Hillenburg's return to see how that goes.

Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 19, 2015, 01:57:05 PMPlus, Nick has finally started greenlighting more cartoons so the whole "it's a waste because other shows aren't getting an opportunity" sentiment is false.
Not really. There are only so many spots on the schedule to air shows. This takes up a spot to air a show. Therefore it is taking the spot of something else that could be airing there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I don't care - I don't even have network television, no less cable. I just can't resist poking fun at Butchman. The rules!!!

Also, I had no clue that Hillenburg has yet to return. I almost hope his return sucks because I do not want a reason to watch Spongebob again. It has gone that far for me but watch me eat my words when I'm watching every episode later on. :sweat:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 19, 2015, 04:52:03 PM
I don't care - I don't even have network television, no less cable. I just can't resist poking fun at Butchman. The rules!!!

Also, I had no clue that Hillenburg has yet to return. I almost hope his return sucks because I do not want a reason to watch Spongebob again. It has gone that far for me but watch me eat my words when I'm watching every episode later on. :sweat:
Season 9 has literally been airing for over 3 years now. That's how parsed out it is. Season 10 was going to be made, but turned into production of the second movie instead. I think we're all thankful for that.

Now Hillenburg is back and they're beginning production on season 10. Until season 9 finally burns off, we really won't know if it has gotten any better, but people are hopeful after the positive reaction of the second movie.

gunswordfist

:zonk: 3 years? That has to break Making The Band 2's record...

Daikun

gunswordfist

The show doesn't look like copy/paste FOP designs, unlike Danny Phantom or that stupid dog show. The premise sounds like it could be good...if it were anyone but Hartman. He can feel free to prove me wrong.

Avaitor

I've only vaguely kept up with what's been going on with this new season of FOP, but this webcomic has a good point.

While Mary Sue is a sexist and tired cliche, the phrase seems to fit for this girl here. I don't know why they found it to be a good idea to add her in.

But you know what's really weird? The new intro.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

That new intro really is a childhood demolisher.

Spark Of Spirit

They really are completely out of ideas.

gunswordfist

Mary Sue is completely lifeless in that intro. Is she that bad in the show? Also, I almost never thumbs down but when I do..

Spark Of Spirit

Not only do they reuse footage for the intro, the singers sound totally and utterly bored. It's like "Pinky, Elmyra, and the Brain" without any self-awareness of how bad it is.

Why is this show still on television?

gunswordfist

...I still can't believe it is. I thought it was canceled like 10 years ago.

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 12, 2016, 10:18:22 PMMary Sue is completely lifeless in that intro. Is she that bad in the show? Also, I almost never thumbs down but when I do..

Yep. She usually just stands and does absolutely nothing during the course of the episode, then she comes up with a perfect wish that fixes everything at the end. It's total bullshit.

Mr. Enter did a review of the season premiere. It's better to just watch his review than actually give Nickelodeon ratings for this tripe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3K1SWZrqdw