Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Its likely none of us here are in Nielsen homes so that shouldn't be a problem. Haven't watched FOP in a while, but yeesh. That intro is just silly for the wrong reasons. The singers do sound bored, and the constant cutting away to Timmy with him bashing her its like Timmy is self aware and utterly horrified himself at how desperate the show has become.

I really don't see how adding this girl is necessary. There's plenty of better ways they could extend the show like actually do more with Trixie's backstory of being a closet tomboy. They never did anything with that past that one episode, all they'd have to do is explore that angle and stretch it out if they need to. I'm confidant enough to say it would have better results than what that messy intro implies. 

Avaitor

Yeah, I still wouldn't watch it, but if they wanted to do something different, they easily could have expanded on Trixie or even Tootie.

But this new girl. Why?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daikun on February 12, 2016, 10:43:51 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on February 12, 2016, 10:18:22 PMMary Sue is completely lifeless in that intro. Is she that bad in the show? Also, I almost never thumbs down but when I do..

Yep. She usually just stands and does absolutely nothing during the course of the episode, then she comes up with a perfect wish that fixes everything at the end. It's total bullshit.

Mr. Enter did a review of the season premiere. It's better to just watch his review than actually give Nickelodeon ratings for this tripe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3K1SWZrqdw
Thank for the life-saver.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I still question... WHERE THE FUCK IS POOF AND SPARKY? You already aired like 4 episodes of this and I have yet to see you have the baby and the dog in one of them. I do wonder the same thing Mr. Enter did and are we gonna get episodes where she meets the baby and the dog.

But yeah, everything about the season opener felt like someone self-insert Mary-Sue Fanfiction, point for point. Timmy was a major dick, everyone loved Chloe for no good reason, she was literally described as "The Most Perfect Human Being" in the world, is friend with the president, has a sweet looking room, etc. Also her reason for having fairies is pretty lame, I mean everyone has their bad days and all, but remember the key thing, Timmy only got his fairies because his life is shit.

Avaitor

I'm positive that there's an alternate universe where Nickelodeon let Hillenburg end SpongeBob after the movie, like he wanted to, and they groomed FOP into their Rugrats replacement.

I wonder how that turned out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I'm still pondering the universe where Invader Zim had 15 years of episodes while FOP fizzled out yet became a cult hit with Hot Topic kids.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 14, 2016, 09:46:52 AM
I'm still pondering the universe where Invader Zim had 15 years of episodes while FOP fizzled out yet became a cult hit with Hot Topic kids.
:drool:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Daikun

Daxdiv

It's happening lads, FOP has moved to Nicktoons. It's basically like the kiss of death at this point, especially since over Christmas Eve, I saw clips of episodes that aired in other countries, and it turns out that they switched the animation to Flash.

LumRanmaYasha

You can make a show look good in flash (cough, Wakfu, cough), or you can use its tricks for cheap shortcuts. I can guess what they chose.

They're promoting the move to Nicktoons with a 60-hour marathon and all, so they might not be quite done with the show yet. But with how much they're cutting corners and shafting the series to the sister network, they might as well let it end at this point. The well ran dry a while ago.

Daxdiv

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on December 29, 2016, 04:57:49 PM
You can make a show look good in flash (cough, Wakfu, cough), or you can use its tricks for cheap shortcuts. I can guess what they chose.

If these are anything to go by... yep they cheapened out.

Spark Of Spirit

Nick wasted more money by picking it up for the last season only to do this to it. This company is hopeless.

Oh well, at least FOP is finally on the way out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Bunsen is a Beast premieres January 16 at 8PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4F-ufe01A

Daikun

Nick debuted an animated short crossing over all four of Hartman's shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8I8vhGHC2E