Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on October 28, 2012, 12:25:45 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on October 28, 2012, 12:24:29 PM
I figured I should bump this, since a sequel to the live-action FOP movie is coming out soon.
FUCKING WHY!?
Apparently it did well. Probably better than the show has done in years.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Insomniac

At least Drake Bell can feed himself for another few weeks.

Kiddington

Kidd, you ready to review this one too? :light:

:awesome:

Why am I not surprised? This is coming from the same channel that made, like, three Fred movies.

Silverstar

Quote from: Kiddington on October 28, 2012, 05:52:20 PM

Why am I not surprised? This is coming from the same channel that made, like, three Fred movies.

There were 2 more Fred movies??

Wow. Just wow.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Quote from: Silverstar on October 30, 2012, 04:34:42 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on October 28, 2012, 05:52:20 PM

There were 2 more Fred movies??

Wow. Just wow.
Dom't forget the TV show. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Silverstar

:sweat:

This is what I get for not keeping tabs on anything Nick-related for years outside of the new TMNT.

Anyways, back on point: Butch Hartman's style of characters yelling a lot, frequently repeated jokes and an abundance of obnoxious and unlikable characters never gelled with me personally, but evidently folks go for it, since he keeps getting work at Nick.

The main Hartman thing I enjoyed was the first Phish and Chip short (the second one just seemed like a poor clone of the first). The Crash Nebula pilot had potential, but it quickly degenerated into a meshing of Danny Phantom and Lloyd in Space.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

New blog!

Silverstar

Quote from: Avaitor on May 18, 2013, 11:12:18 PM
So this is what various Nick characters would look like under Butch's pencil.

I actually found that kind of disturbing. So many of the characters had those manic Hartman grins on their faces, like they were seconds away from reaching for the meat ax.

GaryPotter

I blame Butch Hartman more than anyone else for the sterilization of animation styles in the past decade.

Avaitor

Jamie Lynn Spears especially looks creepy. I can see why he avoids brown eyes.

New blog!

Commode

They all look the same as characters on his shows.  I mean, Patrick looks just like the Gilbert Gottfried dentist on FOP.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Is Fairly Oddparents really still going? I just... find that so hard to understand.

Who is still watching?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Kids. Hence why its lasted almost as much as Spongebob.

I don't believe I've caught the episodes after the dog, but the episodes with Poof I saw were all right.

Avaitor

Surprisingly, it's been more consistent in the ratings lately than SpongeBob. While SBSP has been up and down for the past couple of years, FOP still brings in strong ratings regularly.

Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

New blog!