Butch Hartman's shows

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 09:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I like iCarly, but you do have a point. Jerry Trainor yells a lot as Spencer, often times needlessly.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

He also yells just as much as Dudley Puppy.

Amazing that the guy even still has a voice to speak with.

Eddy

Of all the Nick sitcoms I do find iCarly to be, by far, the most tolerable.

Stuff like that Big Time Rush show or that new one, Bucket & Skinner's Awesome Adventures or whatever the fuck it's called, I can't stand watching at all.

Avaitor

I like Victorious as well, if only for Cat and Jade. The teacher too.

It reminds me of MLP in that it's an ensemble show where not everyone gets a chance to shine in each episode, but with an even bigger cast. Probably less consistent overall, too.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Rynnec

Quote from: Eddy on July 07, 2011, 02:58:01 PM

Stuff like that Big Time Rush show or that new one, Bucket & Skinner's Awesome Adventures or whatever the fuck it's called, I can't stand watching at all.

It's the opposite for me. Big Time Rush is suprisingly tolerable (probably due to the fact that it's by the same guy who did Ned's Declassified) but iCarly just pisses me off.

Spark Of Spirit

I actually really like Ned's Declassified (YTV still airs it randomly), but Big Time Rush just annoys me. It's so overly loud, and the humor just feels... rushed out? If that makes any sense.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on July 07, 2011, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: Eddy on July 07, 2011, 02:58:01 PM

It's the opposite for me. Big Time Rush is suprisingly tolerable (probably due to the fact that it's by the same guy who did Ned's Declassified) but iCarly just pisses me off.
Meh. It feels a lot like Ned's Declassified, in the sense that it tries to work off of that same zany-style of comedy... but man, I just can't stand that show. All four of those kids can't act worth a shit IMO, and the fact that the series basically serves as a marketing vehicle to push their CD's on the viewing audience is something that's always bugged me about it. It feels a lot like something Disney would pull, and it's rather disappointing to see Nick heading down that road.

...but hey, that's just me. Agreed on iCarly, though; can't stand that one whatsoever. Better than the rest of their garbage, but I still don't care for it.

Avaitor

I don't think Ned's type of humor works on a show like BTR, especially without the lack of strong characteristics that Ned had. The fact that it's basically a commercial for the band's music, fake or not, also makes it more annoying.

I will say that the producer is funny, and works on his own. But even then, he doesn't have much chemistry with his assistant, which hurts the character a lot, since that's where a lot of his character should come in.

New blog!

chdr

Eh, I kind of like BTR as a bit of a "guilty pleasure" show. I won't say it's great, but I can be fun to watch at times (but I still can't forgive Scott Fellows for creating the cancer that is Johnny Test). Really don't like Victorious, mainly because it feels like it's trying way too hard to recapture the success of iCarly.

More on topic, I like Butch Hartman as a person, but nearly everything he has ever made is awful, even early FOP and Danny Phantom (which was average at best). Noah Jones doesn't even touch this guy (besides, Jones doesn't really actively work on his shows, he's a children's book illustrator and I think mostly responsible for creating the concepts)

Spark Of Spirit

I really have nothing against the guy himself, either. But his shows are all very half baked and would rather shit on a character for 15 minutes instead of actually explore itself with comedy instead.

Quote from: chdr on July 08, 2011, 06:20:10 AMReally don't like Victorious, mainly because it feels like it's trying way too hard to recapture the success of iCarly.
That's the exact impression I get. iCarly with more characters and with that crammed in "we have CDs to sell" crap.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

I'm watching 'Reign Storm' as I type this.

One thing that always bugged me about this special is how it seems to forget about Tuckers relationship with Valerie in 'Shades of Gray', it was just one of many plotlines that were built up, but were dropped later on.(Along with the Vlad and Fright Knight alliance.)

Oh, and forced Sam/Danny shipteasing is forced.

Still enjoying the special though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Hey, I was just wondering: Would anyone be interested in actually reviewing the live-action FOP movie when it comes out? I mean we KNOW its going to be dreadfully bad, so it'd seem like a wasted opportunity to not totally trash how terrible it is. I wouldn't mind doing it myself since I hat EVERY SINGLE THING that hack Hartman has churned out and called animation entertainment. And yes, I even had to sit through a few episodes of Tuff Puppy since my little sister watches it (being at the age where how good or bad a cartoon is doesn't mean jack squat as long as its a cartoon). Its as horrid as anything else you'd expect from the guy (the most tolerable thing I've seen from him are the "better" episodes of Danny Phantom, but even those put me to sleep when they weren't really annoying me). I'd love the chance to bash a live-action adaptation of his already crappy work, but unfortunately I no longer have Cable so I'll probably never actually catch the movie myself, unless it gets uploaded online somewhere.

Kiddington

I could do it. That is, provided that none of the staff members are interested (as maybe a "guest review", of sorts).

As it is, I kinda have a knack for long-winded responses anyway, so why not put this meaningless talent to good use?  :awesome:

Avaitor

I'd rather not, but if no one else is willing to become a hero, I'll be it.

Baby.

New blog!

Avaitor

Quote from: Kiddington on July 09, 2011, 01:54:28 PM
I could do it. That is, provided that none of the staff members are interested (as maybe a "guest review", of sorts).

As it is, I kinda have a knack for long-winded responses anyway, so why not put this meaningless talent to good use?  :awesome:
Haha, should have seen this before. But yeah, we're looking for guest reviewers, and you're more than welcome to take this for us. I'll talk to you more about it when the movie airs.

New blog!