Pinky & the Brain

Started by Avaitor, July 04, 2011, 02:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Thinking about it, close to the lion's share of series that will make it on here can trace themselves back to this board.

But yeah, the mice are great and worth talking about, huh?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Man, I'm so glad that this series didn't get spin-off and teamed up with an annoying character from another Silver Age cartoon show. That show would have sucked more than putting the Looney Tunes in a futuristic setting and making them superheroes.

Kiddington

IMO, 20x better than Animaniacs. There, I said.

Better characters (I'm sorry, but Pinky and The Brain are just far more likeable to me than the Warner siblings ever were; even a megalomaniac like Brain shows that he has a heart), better writing, didn't go the whole "Cast of Thousands" route that A! went (with entire episodes centering around forgettable burnouts like Minerva Mink and the Hip Hippos)... and unlike A!, there was never a steep decline in quality towards the end of its run. The late-run adventures of Pinky & The Brain are just as much fun as the early ones.

Just a better show all around, and one of the few instances in television history that the student (spin-off) surpasses the master (original). Don't get me wrong, I like Animaniacs... but for me, this was the superior series.

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 04, 2011, 09:07:27 PM
Man, I'm so glad that this series didn't get spin-off and teamed up with an annoying character from another Silver Age cartoon show. That show would have sucked more than putting the Looney Tunes in a futuristic setting and making them superheroes.
o u  :happytime:

Spark Of Spirit

I agree with you, I though P&TB was far more consistent on the whole and had a lot more highs than Animaniacs did.

That said, with Maurice Lamarche and Rob Paulsen as your main characters, you can't go wrong.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

Oh yeah.  You know, I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any of this.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Foggle

Kiddington

Well hey... on the bright side, maybe this means Histeria will get a set one of these days.

They could do worse.

Spark Of Spirit

They apparently are doing worse.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Just wait until they get to Waynehead.  :blush:

Avaitor

I'm just annoyed that Warner's getting to THIS before finishing off EEnE, Dexter, Johnny, Courage, Billy & Mandy, Foster's, etc.

I'm sure there are people who want to complete their P&TB collection, but does Warner seriously think this will sell better than any of what I listed?

New blog!

Kiddington

I don't really get why all of a sudden the WB stuff is back in the picture after years of being forgotten about. What they hadn't gotten to yet wasn't really all that much in demand anyway (at least from my perspective); the later seasons of TTA are okay, but I could give a fuck less about PE&tB or that last volume of Animaniacs.

...and yeah, I'd take full sets of the CN library any day of the week. Given the lack of later seasons on both DVD and Netflix, and combine that with almost no rerun presence on the channel itself, it's been hard to enjoy the golden years of EEnE. I mean, yeah, some of the episodes are on Youtube with varying degrees of quality, but it's just not the same.

Avaitor

Well, there was a demand for the rest of Animaniacs and TTA, mostly by completists. I never saw any such demand for PE&TB, however.

I do think it's cool that they're getting into some of Warner's other animated stuff, like Taz-Mania and Duck Dodgers (I still need to get those sets, btw), but it sucks that it seems like the Cartoon Network stuff isn't even in the question right now.

New blog!

hobbyfan

The two most diametrically opposite characters in WB history.

Pinky was an imbecile. Brain wanted to rule the world, but would he really want to?

And what exactly is meant by "Narf", anyway?