Animaniacs

Started by Avaitor, July 05, 2011, 11:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Don't know want...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I doubt a new Animaniacs will work in an era where you can go anywhere to find topical jokes or people acting like smartasses. The mere idea of the Warner siblings making Trump quips fills me with dread.

Avaitor

That's a big reason why I don't think this will work. The animation and television industry have changed a lot in the past 20 years- seeing a cartoon meant for younger audiences make topical jokes was fresh, but seemingly everyone makes their own jokes about Trump, social media, the DCEU, etc.

It'll take a lot to bring that charm back.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Ugh, another reboot.

Just make a Freakazoid comic instead.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Stupendous news!! Hope they get as much of the original writers on board, since I know the main cast are already shoe-ins.

Daikun

This was in the credits for the final episode:

Daxdiv

I wish for an Animaniacs Reboot! Time to see what the Monkey's Paw has in store for us.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 31, 2017, 08:05:32 AM

I wish for an Animaniacs Reboot! Time to see what the Monkey's Paw has in store for us.
Given the state of the industry right now, it could be anything!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I am fully expecting the art style to look like it came out of CalArts, done in Toon Boom and maybe like 1 main animation studio like most of the stuff you see on TV.

Avaitor

The new show will stream on Hulu in 2020. Two seasons are already announced, and Pinky & the Brain will be a part of it.

They look good here so far, but this could just be old art added on.

New blog!

FoxKidsLover16

I'm really excited! Animaniacs is my favorite show of the 90s.

I just hope that they add in new things to keep it fresh and awesome. That's what I love about the DuckTales Reboot. It's fresh, yet familiar. Not to mention it improved on some things like the characterization. Keep what made the original great, but also update it for a new audience. Also, I am glad Animaniacs is on a streaming service, since I am not sure if it would fly by on a network nowadays. I think streaming is the perfect place for Animaniacs.

Also, looks like Hulu grabbed the rights for Animaniacs from Netflix.

Peanutbutter

Glad the show is back, really wished Netflix had gotten it though. I don't want to have to add Hulu on top of Netflix. Oh well, DVDs of the new seasons should not take as long to come out. 90s Nostalgia Wave is picking up!

Avaitor

It looks like Hulu already has most of the Spielberg/Ruegger cartoons, barring Freakazoid! Even the Tiny Toon specials are included.

New blog!

Kiddington

The only good to come out of this is finally having an excuse to give the old wb series a streaming home. Tiny Toons especially, a few of those specials never did make it DVD and I can't recall ever having seen the Spring Break one.

Animaniacs sucks, sorry. It's aged the least gracefully of any of these imo. Cool if it's your thing but I'm not a fan.

Avaitor

I was reading some of DarthGonzo's old Animaniacs blog posts when the announcement was made yesterday. It's a really inconsistent show, even at its prime first season, but I still think that there's a lot of good segments.

The show was never the same when it moved to Kids WB! and lost its best writers, though. Speaking of which, while it seems like the original voice actors are coming back, it's looking like none of the original writers are. This could be a good thing, as some of them could easily be stuck in the 90's, and fresh perspectives might be for the best. Or this could go in the way of PPG 2016. We'll see.

New blog!