Animaniacs

Started by Avaitor, July 05, 2011, 11:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Who's doing the music now that Richard Stone is dead? Is Randy Rogel still the spark? He wrote the song at the beginning of 101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure and it's very much not in form, but that WAS 15 years ago...

I don't know. Warner Bros. Animation has seen better days and everybody knows it, but if this is what it takes to put them back on the map...

Spark Of Spirit

At this point with how terrible just about every reboot has been over the last decade I'm going to wait to see anything before I get excited. For every DuckTales you have... every other one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

I'm still waiting to see what the Monkey's Paw has in store for us. C'mon, CalArts art style, I can see it happening!

FoxKidsLover16

I am very excited for this reboot! Animaniacs is one of my favorite shows of all time and I am excited to see what stuff they will parody.

I hope the reboot is at the very least good. I actually enjoy a lot of revivals of old properties this decade. Wabbit, The Tom and Jerry Show, Mickey Mouse (2013), DuckTales (2017),  The Powerpuff Girls (2016), The Magic School Bus Rides Again, Samurai Jack Season 5, Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie, Teen Titans Go!, The Looney Tunes Show, and Wacky Races 2017 have all been enjoyable for me and I feel like some of them get a little too much hate (Especially Teen Titans Go!). Calm down people, it's just a cartoon. You know what's serious? Jobs, People, Health, and other stuff. Cartoons are a pastime. A hobby and nothing more than that. Yes, it's an art form, but still. Criticism is ok, but please don't obsess over hating it.

I just hope that they keep the educational and historical segments. Those were my favorite segments of the show. Animaniacs mixed entertainment and education really well. Up there with cartoons like Schoolhouse Rock, Stanley, JoJo's Circus, Blue's Clues, Arthur, The Magic School Bus, and others

Daikun

Looking over the announcement, Spielberg is executive producing. The exec producer is the person who pays for everything. Since he's doing this with his company Amblin (along with WB Animation), this hopefully means that Spielberg will pay the staff plenty so they won't have a cheap animation style. Since we still have a couple years to wait and plenty of time for the animation team to work, I don't think we'll have to worry about the animation looking like CN's current crop of shows.

Nameless

Do we know what the terms of the deal between WB and Amblin are? Because I'm curious. I know that on paper WB owns all the rights to TTA/A!/PATB/F! but they can't seem to do anything with them without Spielberg's involvement.

gunswordfist

I actually got sick of Animaniacs...and Tiny Toons as a kid, but Pinky And The Brain has always been loved by me, once I think about it. I'll wait and see. I also want to see what they do with Wacko, Yakko and Dot.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: Nameless on January 06, 2018, 08:48:37 PM
Do we know what the terms of the deal between WB and Amblin are? Because I'm curious. I know that on paper WB owns all the rights to TTA/A!/PATB/F! but they can't seem to do anything with them without Spielberg's involvement.
That's a good question. Warner should technically own the characters lock, stock, and barrel, but yeah, they've only seemed to move forward when Spielberg is around.

I'm not surprised that he'd be interested in returning to the Warners, regardless. He's never been too far away from animation over the years, and if Ready Player One is any indication, he is not afraid to cash in on the nostalgia boom that has filled the market for the past decade or so. And since there still seems to be rights issues all around with Roger Rabbit (not to mention a lack of interest from most parties), it makes sense for him to return to his next most successful animated properties.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

FoxKidsLover16

http://gregwhite.tumblr.com/post/174221283837/its-been-just-over-three-months-and-weve-already/amp?__twitter_impression=true

This is some very important news. If you enjoy Animaniacs, I encourage you to read this since it will give a clue about how the Animaniacs Reboot might be like

Daikun

Mighty Magiswords creator Kyle A. Carrozza is working on the reboot as a storyboard artist.

Daikun

Daikun

Collider had a chat with Rob Paulsen regarding the reboot.

It's arriving on Hulu this Fall.

Dr. Insomniac

Someone clued me in that Trey Parker is in the new Animaniacs. Expected that time he appeared in Despicable Me to be a one-off, but okay. Trey's stretching out and voice acting in kids' shows.

Avaitor

I forget, doesn't he have kids now? My guess is that he wants to do something they can watch if so.

So Terry Crews is going to voice Ralph now? Not sure if they're taking him in a new direction, or if Frank Welker is retiring from-non Scooby projects. The article also mentioned Rita, but no Runt.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I found a rumor saying the seven characters Trey's playing are ones Frank used to voice like Plotz, Buttons, Flavio, and Runt. It also said Katie Kaboom's coming back with her original actress, and Laura Mooney's been out of the acting game for 22 years so I don't completely believe them.

But if it is, it'll be surreal to hear everyone else sound like their old selves but then hear Randy come out of a character's mouth. At most, I would've thought Trey was up for a guest role instead of playing a quarter of the cast. And I haven't heard anything about Frank Welker slowing down or diminishing his workload. Not to mention how Nancy Cartwright will feel recording with Trey, given their opposing views on Xenu.