The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Zelda, and Captain N

Started by Eddy, July 06, 2011, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

These shows were crap but you know you love them.

Even as a kid I could see all the flaws with The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Dumb writing, animation errors galore, etc. but I will not deny that I loved the show and I don't regret getting the entire series on DVD.

Spark Of Spirit

I watched them because I liked Mario and Luigi, but I don't think I really liked the shows much. But I was a pretty big Mario nut as a kid.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, I have memories of watching the show pretty regularly back when, but I don't think it was a huge favorite or anything.

I try to watch it now, and I don't get it. Why are YouTube poop guys love it so.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

One thing I'll always remember is the sheer amount of animation errors this show had. Sure, they're common in a lot of cartoons, but in SMBSS they were everywhere. From things like Luigi's hat being red to insane things like Toad's voice coming out of King Koopa's mouth.

Angus

Who cares if it has flaws or inconsistencies? My little pup LOVES this show. They've seen this a bunch on Netflix along with The Pink Panther.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Commode

This is actually one of those shows that I have no memory of actually watching as a kid.  I know I was at least aware of it's existence, but I don't know if I really watched it or not.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prodList.aspx?list_type=cathead&list_value=159&utm_source=newsletter_0711&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dic_sale

Just thought I'd pass this information along, if you haven't already heard. So basically, the gist of it is that Shout Factory's rights to each of the aforementioned shows (along with the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons) expire at the end of this year. In what I assume is an attempt to clear away excess stock, each of these sets are on sale right now, for about two more days. These are probably the cheapest and overall best prices they're ever going to be, so if you're looking to own any of these shows on DVD and don't already, now is the time to buy 'em.

Avaitor

If I get more money in the near future, I'll be buying Sonic SatAM. It's about time I got back into that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/