The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

They did skip Nintendo out for DuckTales Remastered, as well.

Which is disappointing, since these were all NES games originally, but what can you do.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 17, 2017, 06:43:11 PM

It was also the highest selling version.

So...  :??:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 17, 2017, 07:56:28 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on March 17, 2017, 06:43:11 PM

It was also the highest selling version.

So...  :??:
:sweat:

I forgot about this one. My bad!

I still don't know why the Switch isn't getting the set, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Nobody posted this? The SNES Classic has been announced. It has a banging lineup of games.

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi's Island

You didn't read that wrong: it includes the finished version of Star Fox 2 as well as finally releasing the SNES version of Yoshi's Island again.

Sure you could quibble about missing games (DKC2, ActRaiser, Finaly Fantasy II (IV), Illusion of Gaia, Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Chrono Trigger, Pilotwings, Terranigma, and Secret of Evermore) but the games here are all AAA games and if you've never played them, this is a stellar collection.

Unlike the NES Classic, I might actually go out of my way to get this. The SNES is the best system ever made, and is still excellent today.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Let's hope Nintendo doesn't have this sold out after two days and then stops manufacturing them. :sly: Wakka Wakka Wakka!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

As a little salty as I am over DKC1 being included over 2, and the lack of Illusion of Gaia, Star Fox II more than makes up for it! I was going to buy the VC version of Contra III, but it looks I'll be saving my money for the SNES classic version instead.

Any chances we'll be seeing a N64 classic next year or later?

Spark Of Spirit

It's possible, but I would hope they could get a deal with Microsoft on that so we could get the Rare games. Without them, I think it would devalue the package a bit.

Personally, I would like to see a Game Boy one done first. Including GBC games, since there's no point separating them, you could have a lineup on par with the NES Classic easily.

Alleyway
Balloon Kid
Bionic Commando: Elite Forces
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Crystalis
Deja Vu I & II: The Casebooks of Ace Harding
Donkey Kong '94
Donkey Kong Land
Double Dragon
Final Fantasy Adventure
Kid Dracula
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land II
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
Mole Mania
Operation C
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Pinball
Qix
R-Type DX
Shadowgate Classic
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Super Mario Land III: Wario Land
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Tetris
Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman
Wario Land II

35 games, given a form factor like the GBA SP (with actual backlight this time), and that would easily be a day one buy.

Kiddington

They better make more than 10 of these things but I know they won't. NoA has been such a garbage fire when it comes to supply and demand for the past 3-4 years.

Avaitor

I've heard someone say before that Nintendo makes the hard things seem easy (such as making a game like Breath of the Wild as amazing and seamless as it is), and the easy things hard. So don't expect to find one of these.

And it's funny, unlike the NES, I actually have a Super Nintendo, but I want this way more than the NES Retro. Star Fox 2 makes up for anything missing IMO.

New blog!

Kiddington

Yeah that's just it, Star Fox 2 is pretty much the only thing I care about here. I wouldn't mind Secret of Mana either (one of the few in this package I don't own a physical copy of), but most of what's there I can live without.

I'm just beyond the days of battling the elements outside of a store for two hours or refreshing Amazon feeds every few seconds. It shouldn't be that hard to get this stuff.

Avaitor

I won some auctions on eBay, and got the Anniversary Collections of Mega Man and Street Fighter for the X-Box. I've wanted both for a while, and decided to finally give them a go. I own Turbo on the SNES already, but I mainly got SF for 3rd Strike, since I really wanted to play it. And I decided to do Mega Man on the X-Box since I still think it's weird that the Gamecube version used the B button for jump.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Ahh sweet, I have Mega Man Anniversary Collection. I can play it on my 360 (I don't think you have one) Also the 2 arcade games you can unlock are fun, short co-op experiences. Outside of having 9 and 10, it's so much better than the Legacy Collections.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun