Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I am following the scene, albeit a bit more casually than you. I should probably be a lot more specific when I converse with you. :sweat:

Yes, I'm well aware that plenty of technically proficient games are mainstays in the FGC. Fact of the matter is that I was only using balance as a relative term for what I was basically trying to say which is that the games that should be featured at major events like EVO are the ones that best suit the tastes of the FGC. It's as simple as that. In this case, I'm pointing out that the FGC in general consists of many people who are very unhappy with SFV.

Mustang

LOL, it's all good. I do follow the scene religiously though. It's my type of scene (although they are petty as hell). My home page is pretty much fighting games on youtube. Yeah, other than Persona 5 it's pretty much why I'm bored of other games at the moment.

In terms of the scene I'm referring to, online (shoryuken to be more precise). I know Smug misses USF4. I know FChamp hates SF5. Infiltration is unhappy with Capcom. PR Rog is also unhappy. I haven't looked at Bonchan, Tokido or Sakonoko yet. Everyone is pissed at Combofiend. I say that semi-jokingly. (I have a rant about USA vs the World, but I'll save it for another time)

I do want to get more involved with the anime FGC though. I want to try to get to CEOtaku this year if my money is right.

3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Mustang on June 11, 2017, 10:02:11 PM
LOL, it's all good. I do follow the scene religiously though. It's my type of scene (although they are petty as hell). My home page is pretty much fighting games on youtube. Yeah, other than Persona 5 it's pretty much why I'm bored of other games at the moment.

I can certainly understand the feeling. This year's E3 is really showcasing how far removed I have become from the mainstream market for gaming in general. A little over a decade ago I'd probably be all over this stuff. Now, I'm just into mostly action games or fighting games with interesting mechanics.

QuoteIn terms of the scene I'm referring to, online (shoryuken to be more precise). I know Smug misses USF4. I know FChamp hates SF5. Infiltration is unhappy with Capcom. PR Rog is also unhappy. I haven't looked at Bonchan, Tokido or Sakonoko yet.

I was mostly referring to stuff like this when referring to the part about SFV complaints: https://youtu.be/iSgA_nK_w3A (I'm too lazy to link to the exact time, but somewhere in the middle of the video are quick-cuts of different interviews with pros talking about SFV)

I just didn't notice as much issues with IV among the top players, but like I said, I'll have to grant you that I never followed the FGC religiously, so I trust that you probably know of more examples than I do.

QuoteI do want to get more involved with the anime FGC though. I want to try to get to CEOtaku this year if my money is right.

Best of luck with that! :thumbup:

::EDIT::

It's about six minutes into that video, BTW. But the whole video itself, even if not specifically about SFV, really seems to be primarily targeted against that game.

Mustang

Dragon Ball FighterZ Gameplay Session 1

14 minutes gameplay footage

HOT DAMN!!! It literally is Marvel vs Capcom. This is literally crack. Too good. People might get heart attacks off of this. I can already imagine IFC Yipes and Tasty Steve commentating this game and getting too hype over a missed Kamehameha to end the match with a Final Flash or something of that nature.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

That looks perfect. Really nails everything I've ever wanted from a DB fighter.

Here's hoping ASW could work with other SJ properties in the future.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

That's fucking crazy. A must-buy.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I hope they'll include some Super characters in there, too. This game should have a sick roster.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Hmm...I guess Golden Frieza is technically not a Super character. Ironically the very last Z character. So I guess we could miss out on Hit, Goku Black and Beerus...dammit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sorry, I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of that gameplay. My vision was blinded by tears of joy....

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 12, 2017, 04:20:56 PM
Hmm...I guess Golden Frieza is technically not a Super character. Ironically the very last Z character. So I guess we could miss out on Hit, Goku Black and Beerus...dammit.
I'd imagine a good spread of characters. They already got the obvious ones out of the way. Goku, Kid Gohan, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and Buu, were always going to be locks. But if Goku and Vegeta don't have SS Blue (unless they're unlockable?) then I don't know about them going into Super territory. Besides, there's still quite a few characters to include like Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Android 17 and 18, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Mystic Gohan, Kid Buu, and Vegetto. That right there is already a pretty good roster at a solid 16.

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 12, 2017, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 12, 2017, 04:20:56 PM
I'd imagine a good spread of characters. They already got the obvious ones out of the way. Goku, Kid Gohan, Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and Buu, were always going to be locks. But if Goku and Vegeta don't have SS Blue (unless they're unlockable?) then I don't know about them going into Super territory. Besides, there's still quite a few characters to include like Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Android 17 and 18, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Mystic Gohan, Kid Buu, and Vegetto. That right there is already a pretty good roster at a solid 16.
Hmm, no Kid Buu immediately is kind of a headscratcher. That's literally the only main DBZ villain missing and unless you count Golden Frieza or just Beerus, he's the last Z villain. And of course I got to have my favorite, Future Trunks in the game..but honestly this games looks so good that I'd buy as is as long as it's not over 30 bucks.  :lol:

Mustang

We got some FGC drama. All revolving around MvCI, but it's too much of a hassle to pick and choose what to post. Just know that some pro's are defending this game and people are calling it fake hype. My opinion. Like what you like (that option select)

The gist of what's going on. That's Aris (Tekken player / commentator). Someone from the outside looking in.

Now onto the good stuff.

DBFZ madness

GOHAN!!!! You sexy beast.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

Aaannnnddd SS2 Gohan is my favorite character again.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, out of sheer boredom, I decided to come up with a wishlist roster for this game. I've decided to be conservative and cap off at 21 characters (which includes the six characters already confirmed, so it's really only 15 choices), while excluding characters from Super since this game seems to be more focused on the Z era. Here's what I came up with:

1. Piccolo

2. Future Trunks

3. Beerus

4. Krillin

5. Android 18

6. Tenshinhan

7. Mr. Satan

8. Master Roshi (in his Jackie Chun appearance)

9. Gotenks (as opposed to either kid Trunks or Goten alone)

10. Vegitto (obviously counted as a separate character from Goku or Vegeta)

11. Murasaki (because fuck practicality, this is a wishlist)

12. Bardock

13. Adult Gohan

14. Yamucha

15. Android 17