Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

IGN gameplay + interview

Crappy gameplay, but you mainly want to just listen to the interview. They're not ignoring DB, GT, nor Super.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well fuck, then I want Hit and Goku Black as well. Frost can be an alternate skin for Freeza, and maybe we can get a female Saiyan in there, even though Kale and Caulifla are relatively new characters.

Spark Of Spirit

In that case, I'm going to go all out at 24/25 characters.

My roster prediction:

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Kid Gohan
4. Frieza
5. Cell
6. Buu
7. Krillin
8. Tenshinhan
9. Master Roshi
10. Piccolo
11. Captain Ginyu
12. Future Trunks
13. Android 17
14. Android 18
15. Mystic Gohan
16. Kid Buu
17. Vegitto
18. Gotenks
19. Beerus
20. Hit
21. Goku Black
22. Zamasu
23. GT character 1
24. GT character 2
25. Mr. Satan

I honestly have no idea what GT characters they would choose, nor do I really care all that much for what they could use. GT bores me. Mr. Satan is a perfect choice to be the Dan of the game, and everyone else just seems obvious to me. Though I could see Nappa, Raditz, or Android 16, show up, I find them less likely than anyone else here.

As for who my team would be, you can probably already guess. Krillin, Future Trunks, and Mystic Gohan. I would also be up to using Kid Gohan, Vegitto, and Tenshinhan. But really, I'll try them all out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I am willing to bet that Tien gets in over Zamasu.
If I had to pick GT characters, I'd pick Nova Shenron and Baby Vegeta (I'd say Baby but literally all he can do is steal bodies). Since they are literally the only two new GT characters I like, with the former being my favorite GT villain. I can't stand Omega Shenron and I hope he gets left out.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I'll throw a pity nom for Arale, who I'm not sure would fit all that well, but would still be fun to play as.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Seeing her crack the planet in half after winning would be amazing.

Mustang

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2017, 10:53:25 PM
If I had to pick GT characters, I'd pick Nova Shenron and Baby Vegeta (I'd say Baby but literally all he can do is steal bodies). Since they are literally the only two new GT characters I like, with the former being my favorite GT villain. I can't stand Omega Shenron and I hope he gets left out.

I'm with you on Omega Shenron being left out, but I think he'd probably be the 1st one in from GT. Personally, I'd rather see Super 17 and Baby Vegeta or Baby with Vegeta's moves or something.

I haven't watched anything past Goku Black so I gotta assume Arale is in Super? The Brolly girl?

Goku
Vegeta
Cell
Frieza
Majin Buu
Kid Gohan
Piccolo
Future Trunks
Krillin (I'd actually prefer if he were not in it at all)
Tien
Gotenks
Vegitto
Kid Buu (although, I'd rather Majin Buu would transform into him)
Goku Black
Zamasu
Beerus
Hit
Mystic Gohan
Captain Ginyu
Super 17
Baby
Broly
Cooler
Janemba
Gogeta
Zarbon
Bardock
Recoome

That's more of a wish list instead of a prediction. In terms of prediction, I'd probably say Goku SSG and Vegeta SSG would be characters as well, then again, it's hard to tell with how ASW is doing Guilty Gear. If Vegito/Gogeta makes it in though, my team will become Vegito/Gogeta, Goku Black and Cell and back up team would be Vegeta, 17 and Gohan

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mustang: Arale is actually from another one of Akira Toriyama's series, Dr. Slump. She's the main character of that manga, which occasionally has crossed over with Dragon Ball like when Goku visited Penguin Village during the Red Ribbon Army arc, or when Kid Goku appeared in New Dr. Slump. She has a cameo in one of the filler episodes before the Goku Black arc in Dragon Ball Super, and then a crossover appearance in a gag episode that takes place during the filler material between the Goku Black and Universe Survival arcs.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on June 17, 2017, 01:42:28 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 16, 2017, 10:53:25 PM

I'm with you on Omega Shenron being left out, but I think he'd probably be the 1st one in from GT. Personally, I'd rather see Super 17 and Baby Vegeta or Baby with Vegeta's moves or something.

I haven't watched anything past Goku Black so I gotta assume Arale is in Super? The Brolly girl?

Goku
Vegeta
Cell
Frieza
Majin Buu
Kid Gohan
Piccolo
Future Trunks
Krillin
Tien
Gotenks
Vegitto
Kid Buu (although, I'd rather Majin Buu would transform into him)
Goku Black
Zamasu
Beerus
Hit
Mystic Gohan
Captain Ginyu
Super 17
Baby
Broly
Cooler
Janemba
Gogeta
Zarbon
Bardock
Recoome

That's more of a wish list instead of a prediction. In terms of prediction, I'd probably say Goku SSG and Vegeta SSG would be characters as well, then again, it's hard to tell with how ASW is doing Guilty Gear. If Vegito/Gogeta makes it in though, my team will become Vegito/Gogeta, Goku Black and Cell and back up team would be Vegeta, 17 and Gohan
After seeing Nova and his transformation, I might have to change my mind about him because what a fucking ugly character. lol
I definitely want to see Super Janemba. That's still my favorite one on one Dragon Ball fight, if not favorite in the entire franchise.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

The only characters I'd really want to see in DBZF that no one's mentioned yet are Jaco, Android 16, Tao Pai Pai, Chiaotzu, and maybe Dabura, since they all have unique abilities that would make them fun to play if done right. On that note, if they were to choose another Ginyu Force character besides Ginyu, I'd go for Guldo over Recoome since they could finally make his psychic time-stopping abilities interestingly used in the DBZ fighting games for once. I'd also definitely love Arale to be included since I know she'd be really crazy to play as if she were in this.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I could actually see Jaco in the game since in interviews the lead producer has stated that since they wanted to make this a serious competitive fighting game, the developers were more keen to pick some characters that would support unique movesets to allow for more mechanical variety, as opposed to just sticking with only the most popular characters. Jaco would definitely play very unique compared to everyone else.

As for Chiaotzu, I did watch an Easy Allies video in which one of the guys argued that all of the major players in the Saiyan arc are key to the Dragon Ball mythos, even if some are never used again, which is why he wanted to see characters like Chiaotzu in there, but also Raditz and Nappa.

For me, personally, I'm good with more underused characters making the roster, just so long as we aren't swamped with an over-abundance of Saiyans.

gunswordfist

I'm all for Android 16's rocket fist action!

Spark Of Spirit

I actually like that they appear to be folding in the SS forms into the movesets instead of making them separate characters like a lot of DB games in the past did. We really don't need Goku, SS1 Goku, SS2 Goku, SS3 Goku, SS4 Goku, SSB Goku, and the like. Folding the different forms into moves makes far more sense.

That said, it's hard to guess what the final roster will look like since there are really so many to choose from. But you can expect it to be large since it's a 3v3 fighter which means variety is a key component.

I hope one of the stages is from the future timeline.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

DBFZ vs MvCI

Lol. I had no idea that was a thing.

Anyway, it's a good thing Goku starts out as SSJ1 because it'd probably be real tough dealing with his transformations with only 7 bars. I have to rewatch, but I think that Goku turns SSJ3 and fires that blast with 5 bars. 6 Bars = SSG, 7 Bars = SSJGwhatever. (Talking it out like this actually made that worry go away) So it could work if they hold off on transformations being characters.

Re-watched video. SSJ3 blast is a level 3. Hmmm... Opens up even more space for things.

I guess it also depends on what other mechanics (if there are other mechanics) we're getting. It can get real interesting if they're combining MvC mechanics with GG mechanics. At the moment, I'm only seeing MvC. I can't/don't recall seeing burst or roman cancels. BUT if they're implementing something like roman cancels, hooboy, this game can get very deep, complex, very fast. But let me say this, even if the game play stays like this upon its release I will not have a problem with that.

With that being said I want a Bleach game done by Daisuke and his team. I know, I know, people want something like Jump All Stars. Considering how DBFZ looks, and how GGxrd has turned out, Bleach would look too good, and it just fits with the style of Guilty Gear.

To prepare for DBFZ I'm gonna start playing UMvC3 again. Nova/Cell, can't see anyone else, but for the remainder of that team. Nova, Spencer, Hawkeye/Magneto > Nova, Vergil, Magneto/Hawkeye > Spencer, Vergil, Hawkeye/Magneto (possibly even Dr. Doom)