Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Glad DBFZ now has the greatest Dragon Ball character
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So I've come up with what my three main dream teams will be (assuming that all of these characters make it into the roster):

Primary: Gohan, Piccolo, Future Trunks

Secondary: Goku, Vegeta, Ten Shinhan

Tertiary: Freeza, Beerus, Hit

I can also think of fun team combinations that either pay homage to the series or just be based around a fun theme:

Turtle Hermit School Disciples- Goku, Krillin, Yamucha

Anti-Saiyan Invaders Squad- Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo

Anti-Ginyu Force Squad- Gohan, Krillin, Vegeta

Anti-Goku Black Squad- Future Trunks, Goku, Vegeta

Artificial Humans Squad- 16, 17, 18 (16 could be replaced with Cell if he doesn't end up in the game)

Third Wheel- 17, 18, Krillin

Ultimate Defenders of Earth- Mr. Satan, Yamucha, Yajirobe (because why not have a joke team)

Mustang

I was so salty yesterday that I didn't bother posting (was gonna spoil the fun. Just know I hate "troll/fun" characters) and I'm still a bit salty today (Detroit sports teams sucks  :burn:)

Anyway, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-pvygHTPRc

Around the 18:40 mark you'll hear the James read the opinion of someone whose more of a high level player on the Guilty Gear side. It sounds very detailed and it sort of makes me a little more satisfied to hear such things.

FYI, UltraChenTV are my go-to folks for anything FGC related and not to take anything away from Maximillian dood, I trust them far more than him.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 23, 2017, 02:18:35 PM
So I've come up with what my three main dream teams will be (assuming that all of these characters make it into the roster):

Primary: Gohan, Piccolo, Future Trunks

Secondary: Goku, Vegeta, Ten Shinhan

Tertiary: Freeza, Beerus, Hit

I can also think of fun team combinations that either pay homage to the series or just be based around a fun theme:

Turtle Hermit School Disciples- Goku, Krillin, Yamucha

Anti-Saiyan Invaders Squad- Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo

Anti-Ginyu Force Squad- Gohan, Krillin, Vegeta

Anti-Goku Black Squad- Future Trunks, Goku, Vegeta

Artificial Humans Squad- 16, 17, 18 (16 could be replaced with Cell if he doesn't end up in the game)

Third Wheel- 17, 18, Krillin

Ultimate Defenders of Earth- Mr. Satan, Yamucha, Yajirobe (because why not have a joke team)
This would be even better if there were boss characters you had to take on 3 on 1. But since it's a team fighter there probably will be something like it in arcade/story mode.

For me:

Primary: Krillin, Mystic Gohan, Future Trunks

Secondary: Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo

Tertiary: Tenshinhan, Zamasu, 17 (swapped with 16 or 18)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well I don't think that anyone in their right minds considers Max the go-to representative for the FGC's collective outlook on fighting games. As I mentioned earlier, I've noticed that there is quite a bit of dispute within the community itself when it comes to opinions on the overall quality (or lack thereof) of certain games.

That said, I do think that Max, who's skill ranges from average to slightly above average depending on the game in question, is ususally a good indicator for how the non-tournament crowd will like a game rather than being indicative of what the more hardcore and elite players think.

Dr. Insomniac

Spark Of Spirit

After the Mega Man fiasco of MvC3, it seems they still don't understand that the characters are the main reasons people buy these games in the first place.

This continued being pissy with Fox is hurting their own brand far more than it hurts Fox.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Ohhh, Combofiend. I heart you, but that makes me even more salty. There might be some truth to the Guardians thing, but I can't speak on that. I don't keep up with that community, but considering the heat that's being thrown at Capcom, do he really wanna risk this game's success on "MAYBE"?

The heart of the matter for me. This mentality of a popular character not making it in, but we have another character that plays just like said character. The exact same problem lies with Street Fighter 5 for me as well. I hate this mentality. You can tell he's an oldie by that since the bulk of them will tell you that same thing. The problem with that is they're coming at this from JUST the competitive side, whereas you have character loyalists and character attachment. I don't know a thing about Captain Marvel and I certainly don't want to try her out. I hardly know anything about Black Panther, but I'm curious about him, but I gotta buy him to see if he's gonna be like Wolverine.

NOW let me get this out of the way. HE'S MAGNETO!!! HE'S A FAVORITE BECAUSE OF 8-WAY DASHING? Are you serious? I don't even know how to 8-way dash let alone triangle jump.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Spoiler
[close]

The detailing, good God.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Goddamnit, it's getting harder and harder to wait to play this game. On a side note, I'm really glad that ASW went with the classic Z design. I'm not a fan of the way that Future Trunks looks in Super.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Mustang on June 26, 2017, 02:14:40 PM
Spoiler
[close]

The detailing, good God.
MY HOMIE! Probably going to change my Twitter heading.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLN7_6aErh4 (Max's Real Talk series are when I can actually speak about him positively lol)

Wow. 100% in agreement. I do not want to hate MvCI, but when you got PR's feeding you garbage, I'm heading in that direction (I'm certainly not getting this day 1, but I have hope that everything'll be fix for a future purchase). If certain characters can't be in the game then come out with it. Capcom's fighting game fans may act stupid (some are), but they'd definitely understand why. Hell, it's no secret that everyone knows it's a dispute between Disney and Fox. Just keep it 100 and your audience would not rag on you about those characters. I heart Combofiend (Peter Rosas). The dude was one of the best USA players. I only know of Spencer because of Combofiend. I understand that he and the other PR dude was trying to dodge the question, but when you say BS like "______ are just functions because of a certain mechanic" (MAGNETO, REALLY!?), that's only adding more fuel to the fire.

Till this day I regret not buying MvC2 when I had the opportunity. I never would've thought in my wildest imagination that it would've been taken off of PSN and Live. I want to play as Cyclops, Gambit (favorite X-Men next to Wolverine) and a broken Iron Man.

When it boils down to it, with all this mess that's going on, I'm neutral. I'm hoping Capcom can bounce back and fix this game just to shut some of these people up, but at the same time I am very picky with my games. I'm not going to buy a game because of your logo or nostalgia. This is 2017. I'm not going to compare it to DBFz. I won't even compare it to Guilty Gear (There's an Enimen verse from No Love that fits this here). If you are coming with less content that Injustice 2/Tekken 7 has scrap your game. Looking at how SF5 turned out (How is it that USF4 have so many things to choose from and SF5 can't even go backwards correctly?), and now with MVCI looking like it's going to focus more on its story, man. Developers can't think anymore? Capcom was once my favorite company, and to see them like this. Wow.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

In a crossover game a lot of appeal is in the roster. My mains in MvC2 were Strider, Gambit, and B.B. Hood. As a team they meshed real well together both personality-wise and their move sets covered the exact sort of spread I like to use. I used other characters, but I never quite hit the groove I hit with them. MvC3 I never really found a team that hit a groove for me, which killed a lot of the appeal. Heck, only one of my mains even returned for the game (and not at launch!) and even most of my seconds didn't come back.

While I could suck it up and get used to new characters, it still defeats a lot of the appeal of a crossover of your favorite characters getting together in a large brawl when the characters you like from previous installments either aren't there or the ones there just don't fit your play-style. That's honestly one thing I think TvC did far better than MvC3.

This game doesn't look like it'll scratch that itch for me either.

Rynnec

It's amazing how quickly business practices from both sides killed the hype and momentum for MVCI in record time. We went from X and a PR rep saying Capcom's looking at dead/dormant franchises, to the confirmation of MCU-only/no X-men and PR saying characters in a crossover game were only popular because of mechanics.

Daikun

There's a new indie game coming out in August called Absolver. It's a unique mix of fighting and open world MMO (not of the RPG type).

Check out the trailer.