Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Blade not being in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is such bullshit.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

Agreed. Dante/Vergil vs Blade or team them up (along with Wesker) man, lots of missed opportunities at cashing in on MvC3.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Mustang

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer

As good as I may think that trailer is I can't help but be skeptical about it. Considering how Capcom is handling Street Fighter 5 I don't even know if I want this anymore.

gunswordfist

Rynnec

If Dante and Deadpool don't return, I ain't interested.

Spark Of Spirit

They took out two of my mains in the last game, so...  :>
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

This better not be retroactive revenge, Spark. >:(

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I didn't even know that this existed until today, but as far as fan games go, holy fuck does it look awesome: https://youtu.be/xC5FcIh4-Y4

Spark Of Spirit

With the anniversary of YYH's anime it would have been cool to have a full on YYH Vs HxH crossover fighting game.

To be honest, I'd really like to see more shonen series made into fighters. The MHA one for the 3DS misses the mark from what I've seen, it needs to be tighter like the old Capcom and SNK fighters were.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Japan's favorite fighting games according to Famitsu:

Quote from: Famitsu poll

20. SoulCalibur V (PS3/Xbox 360) - 98 points

19. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/PC) - 109 points

18. Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] (Vita/PS4/PS3/Arcade) - 111 points

17. Garou: Mark of the Wolves (Vita/Switch/PS3/PS2/Xbox 360/Neo Geo/DC/PC/iOS/Android/Arcade) - 124 points

16. Rival Schools: United by Fate (DC/Arcade) - 125 points

15. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC) - 130 points

14. Fist of the North Star (PS2/Arcade) - 132 points

13. Tekken 7: Fated Retribution (Arcade) - 136 points

12. Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (PS4/PS3/PC/Arcade) - 139 points

11. Under Night In-Birth (Arcade) - 140 points

10. Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3/PS2/Xbox One/Saturn/PC/Arcade) - 154 points

9. Capcom vs. SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001 (GC/PS2/Xbox/DC/Arcade) - 163 points

8. Darkstalkers 3 (PS/Sega/Arcade) - 172 points

7. The King of Fighters XIV (PS4) - 180 points

6. Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) - 191 points

5. BlazBlue: Central Fiction (PS4/PS3/Xbox One/Arcade) - 230 points

4. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (DC/PS2/Arcade) - 237 points

3. Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4/PS3/Xbox 360/PC/Arcade) - 254 points

2. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator (PS4/PS3/DC/Arcade) - 266 points

1. Street Fighter II (SNES/Arcade) - 383 points

Spark Of Spirit

Of all the Soul Calibur games.

Garou and Rival Schools are way too low, but it's otherwise got a good selection.

Rynnec

I still maintain that SCV is the best SC game since II from a pure gameplay standpoint, but it's severe lack of content is what ultimately killed it.

I'm supremely happy to see Guilty Gear, Blazblue and Under Night ranks so high. Darkstalkers being in the top 10 should hopefully convince Capcom to give it another shot.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on May 18, 2017, 07:48:28 PMDarkstalkers being in the top 10 should hopefully convince Capcom to give it another shot.

The only kind of numbers that will convince Capcom to do anything are the ones that are in front of a currency symbol. :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 18, 2017, 08:04:33 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on May 18, 2017, 07:48:28 PMDarkstalkers being in the top 10 should hopefully convince Capcom to give it another shot.

The only kind of numbers that will convince Capcom to do anything are the ones that are in front of a currency symbol. :sly:
"What's that? A gritty reboot by Boss Key Productions? And if nobody buys it we'll shutter the franchise for good? Well, sounds great to us!"

Mustang

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 18, 2017, 05:50:30 PM
Of all the Soul Calibur games.

Garou and Rival Schools are way too low, but it's otherwise got a good selection.

Are they? Considering this is Japan we're talking about here. I suppose you can make an argument for taking games off. I'm not so sure they would've cracked higher than 13 (Maybe? Probably not even that if Tekken 7 is as great as it looks). Also, considering that Marvel vs Capcom 2 nor Guilty Gear XXAC+R made the list I think it's fine where it's at. But then again this is all coming from me looking at the tournament side of things.