Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Dude was literally shown in the promo image. :D 17 will definitely be in the game. At this point, just give me Kid Buu, Mystic Gohan, Golden Frieza and I forget if Tien was announced but if not, defintiely him too.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 17, 2017, 07:51:31 PM
Dude was literally shown in the promo image. :D 17 will definitely be in the game. At this point, just give me Kid Buu, Mystic Gohan, Golden Frieza and I forget if Tien was announced but if not, defintiely him too.

That promo image was of 18's attack "Accel Dance". I get where you're coming from though.

The conversation about 17 has sort of shifted to "what if they left him out but include Super 17".
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Spark Of Spirit

Possible leak:

Looks like you might be getting all the characters you can handle if 34 really is the total and there will be alternate costumes. I can't imagine anyone being left out with a count like that. But all three of my most wanted characters are in so I'm already good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Not sure how I feel about the leak itself (kills the hype), but to see possibly 34 characters at launch sounds very intriguing.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm not sure how legit this is, but considering how predictable most of those choices are, I don't find it too hard to buy. I'd be surprised to not see Kale and Caulifla in if only because it gives ASW an excuse to throw in a couple more female characters to quell the people bitching and whining about how male-dominated the roster is (despite it being adapted from a male-dominated franchise).

At any rate I'm just glad to see Ten confirmed for the roster. Now I pretty much have all of my favorites guaranteed to be in the game.

gunswordfist

Ugh at Kale and Video.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 21, 2017, 04:04:38 PMUgh at Kale and Video.

I'm assuming that you meant to say "Videl."

I honestly don't have too much of a problem with them being in the game if they are fun to play as, but like I said, their inclusion does feel like it's only for the sole purpose of putting more female characters in the game just for the sake of it. I don't think that anyone was actually asking for either of these characters (or Caulifla) individually, since unlike Android 18, none of them are especially popular among the fan-base.

gunswordfist

Hmm, more female fighters would not hurt. I guess that's not the worst idea.

Dr. Insomniac

I assumed the high amount of female characters in the Universal Survival arc (well, at least high for Dragonball's standards) compared to previous tournament arcs was a way for future Dragonball games to diversify their rosters.

gunswordfist

Not a bad idea. At least they're trying

Spark Of Spirit

It also means characters like Hit, Zamasu/Black, and other Super characters have a high chance of inclusion. More characters that aren't just different version SS reskins are always a plus.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

New trailer: https://youtu.be/LyVYFo3HxPg

Looks like Android 17 is only an assist character for 18, and the story mode will be game original rather than a recap of the anime, though I do notice that they are using the location of Future Trunks's demolished city from his timeline in the Goku Black arc, and also we see Bulma modeled after her Super design as opposed to what she looks like in any given arc of DBZ.

Mustang

Hmm.. Hard to say. I want to say 17 is reminding me of how the Persona's are used in Persona 4 Arena.

Feb 2018 which means I have between now and December to decide if I want to pre-order this or not.

Spark Of Spirit

It is possible there'll be a version of 17 with 18 as an assist, too. We just don't know yet. With a potential roster of near 35 characters I'd say anything is possible.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 22, 2017, 04:21:37 PMIt is possible there'll be a version of 17 with 18 as an assist, too. We just don't know yet. With a potential roster of near 35 characters I'd say anything is possible.

I could see that as DLC, but for now ASW did specify that only 18 specifically would be playable.

Looking at the Collector's Edition box, that Goku statue looks pretty damn cool, but nothing else in that set looks all that interesting, and at $140 it's way too overpriced. I probably will still pre-order the regular game though for the bonus content. Just please don't plague this thing with micro-transactions for things like alternate costumes and new stages.