Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

Nappa and Captain Ginyu confirmed.

Hmm, I think it might start getting interesting at this point because, now you got the obvious characters out the way. Now you wonder if characters like Radditz or the rest of the Ginyu Force will make it, or will characters not from Z make it to the main roster or not.

Goku
Vegeta
Trunks
Piccolo
Gohan
Krillin
Tien
Yamcha
Frieza
Cell
Buu
Ginyu
Nappa
SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta
21 (no info on being playable yet)

That's all the confirmed characters so far.

Edit:

Next time, Mustang, look at the scan completely before typing. Judging from the picture, Ginyu will have Recoome (and possibly the rest of the Ginyu Force) as assist characters like 17 is to 18.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Spark Of Spirit

If the rumored total is 34 (and both Yamcha and Tien were in that same rumor) then we still have Ultimate Gohan, Kale, Caulifla, and Videl from that leak to go. That would make 22 known slots with 12 remaining.

If Master Roshi, Gotenks, Kid Buu, Vegitto, Hit, and Zamasu/Goku Black, aren't among them I will be floored. Others I can see would be Dabura, Zarbon, Dodoria, King Piccolo, Kid Goku, Raditz, or Jiren. No idea what they're including from GT since they haven't shown anything yet.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

No GT, please!
Anyway, I want: Super Janemba, SSJ3 Gotenks with the ghost attack!, Hit, Jiren, Vegeto, Goku Black, Evil Buu and Roshi.

Mustang

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 18, 2017, 03:06:33 PM
If the rumored total is 34 (and both Yamcha and Tien were in that same rumor) then we still have Ultimate Gohan, Kale, Caulifla, and Videl from that leak to go. That would make 22 known slots with 12 remaining.

If Master Roshi, Gotenks, Kid Buu, Vegitto, Hit, and Zamasu/Goku Black, aren't among them I will be floored. Others I can see would be Dabura, Zarbon, Dodoria, King Piccolo, Kid Goku, Raditz, or Jiren. No idea what they're including from GT since they haven't shown anything yet.

Not entirely sure if I believe that list is true, not until I at least see Ultimate Gohan and Kale/or Caulifla. At this point I don't know who'll make it in considering how the Ginyu Force and 17 are as characters, but my hype for the game is stable for now. I'd probably lose it if I see Vegito or Goku Black though.

Mustang

Release date is January 26, 2018.

Quote from: EventhubsJust this morning, Bandai Namco announced the official release date for their upcoming 3v3 fighting title, Dragon Ball FighterZ. Players will be able to pick up the game on January 26th, 2018.

The company has released the official box art, which features a close up shot of Super Saiyan Goku delivering a powerful punch. Bandai Namco has also announced a "FighterZ Pass" for Dragon Ball FighterZ, which will give those who purchase it access to eight additional characters.

This character pass will come with a $34.99 price tag and includes the aforementioned eight warriors, each of which coming with their respective in-game stamp, lobby avatars, and alternate colors.

We currently do not know the identities of these fighters, but Bandai Namco will be revealing them at a later date.

If you're looking to get your hands on the game, you can pre-order Dragon Ball FighterZ now. Purchase options include standard and the collector's edition, which features a Super Saiyan Goku statue.

Last week, we learned that Dragon Ball FighterZ is due out in Japan on February 1st. This means today's release date likely applies to North America and other regions.

Without going into the details, I'm starting to hate the FGC more and more. Ignore that though, right now, that leak is looking on the true side, although, I'm curious who'll be DLC.

Spark Of Spirit

A base roster of 34 with 8 DLC would put it at a 42 character roster, which I believe is likely. I can see them parsing the new characters out to keep people playing and constantly tuned into news for the game.

I can see characters like Beerus being used for DLC. Don't see them holding characters like Zarbon or whatever instead. They're going to want more popular characters than that.

Mustang

I've been trying to find where I saw it, but I think people are speculating a base roster of 26 characters plus the 8 DLC which would put us at the 34 mark.

Rynnec

26-34 fighters is very imperessive for a competitive fighter with brand new characters and models, even if it is a team fighter. I'm calling for Beerus, Whis, and Zamasu to be among the DLC characters, along with maybe some movie characters and a couple fan favorites like Hercule/Videl and Roshi.

gunswordfist

I actually hope they don't have Whis in the game since we have barely seen what he's capable of lol. I'd rather them not make up stuff or spoil his moves.

Mustang

Quote from: Rynnec on October 23, 2017, 11:37:40 PM
26-34 fighters is very imperessive for a competitive fighter with brand new characters and models, even if it is a team fighter. I'm calling for Beerus, Whis, and Zamasu to be among the DLC characters, along with maybe some movie characters and a couple fan favorites like Hercule/Videl and Roshi.

I'm seeing the light a little bit when it comes to how many characters should be in a fighter. 26 for a team-based game just felt too small to me, but this is coming from someone whose only used to big rosters when it comes to team based fighters. 30+ is always good in my eyes. So that slots wouldn't be wasted, I'd actually like to see Goku Black and Zamasu be one character (similar to 17 is to 18).

Spark Of Spirit

I just wish I knew what they meant when they said all eras of the franchise will have representation. This means GT, and yet they haven't shown anything relating to it yet. I wouldn't mind a stage or something, but I do worry about getting something completely unnecessary like SS4 Goku. If we get another Goku and it's not Kid Goku, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Rynnec

SS4 Gogeta will be the most likely GT representative since SS4 is the only thing worth a damn in that entire series, it's also much more preferable than having SS4 Goku or Vegeta alone. Maybe we'll get Pan too.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 24, 2017, 03:23:28 PM
I actually hope they don't have Whis in the game since we have barely seen what he's capable of lol. I'd rather them not make up stuff or spoil his moves.

I forgot that Whis hasn't shown anything yet, lol. Hit would be preferable anyway given his popularity and powerset.

gunswordfist

I'd like to see SS4 Goku...as paid DLC.
And yeah, Whis has fired like one ki blast in the show. They should just save him for 2 at this point.