Fighting Games

Started by Rosalinas Spare Wand, July 06, 2011, 11:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Beerus, Hit, and Not African Goku confirmed: https://gematsu.com/2017/12/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-beerus-hit-goku-black

Best response from the comments section of that article: "Great, even DBFZ has Psylocke now but MVCI doesn't." :D

Spark Of Spirit

Goku Black/Zamasu team. Cool! That was exactly what I was hoping for.

So who exactly is left, at this point?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not going to lie, after this reveal I'm really hoping that the UI Goku/Vegeta DLC rumor is not true. We already have three versions of Goku and two of Vegeta. We don't need any more, unless it's Kid Goku.

At any rate I'm not surprised to see these characters being revealed, but I was honestly expecting them to end up as DLC as opposed to being part of the main game.

gunswordfist

I'm hoping for Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren and Ultra Instinct Vegeta.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, now for some alterations/additions to my team preference sets:

Primary: Future Trunks, Piccolo, Android 16

Secondary: Gohan (kid), Freeza, Tenshinhan

The Full-Blooded Saiyan Squad: Goku, Vegeta, Nappa

The Hybrid Squad: Gohan (adult), Future Trunks, Gotenks

The RRA Squad: Perfect Cell, Android 16, Android 18

The OG Supporting Characters: Yamcha, Krillin, Tien

The Freeza Force: Freeza, Captain Ginyu, Vegeta/Nappa (interchangeable)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Bandai Namco has a livestream showing off new content going on right now: https://youtu.be/T6tgy_8GY3Y

Mustang

Evo 2018 line up.

1st thing I notice is that they made it 8 games instead of 7 (should've left it at 7 so Melee can be gone).

That being said, no Marvel. I can't say I'm shocked. Just at Capcom Cup it was handled terribly. I don't want to get into the release of the game itself, but I will say that this goes to show that in 2017 - 2018 (going forward), if you're not an Indy dev you cannot make a fighting game on the PS4 with piss poor graphics. This is something all the old heads need to pay attention to as well since they're the ones that stated "game play" is all that matters. (KoF14 will also not be at Evo either. While successful elsewhere in other countries it's dying here in the states.) This also proves that the X-Men / Fantastic 4 is and will always be more popular than Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy (I don't give a damn about guardians and I do love me some Avengers, but I'm a die-hard X-Men fan). Marvel vs Capcom Infinite shouldn't even exist if they couldn't get characters from either franchise. Their target was a small lump sum of today while their audience are the majority of folks born in the 80's who grew up watching the 90's cartoon (And for Combofiend to call them functions... He should've known better. Matter fact, EVERY CAPCOM USA EMPLOYEE SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER). And finally, this game might flop harder than Street Fighter x Tekken (I thought that was a great game). At least SFxT had an Evo. MvCI will not and it's new. Crazy.

Last thing I noticed is that there are 3 anime games. I'm curious how many folks from the Street Fighter crowd will we see play DBFz because it could definitely eclipse Street Fighter 5 as the main game. I thought for sure Guilty Gear was done, but apparently the turn out for Evo Japan was that strong. I'm iffy on BlazBlue Tag Battle. Nothing to do with the DLC but there's been no noise whatsoever. My hype for the game has been dead for about 3-4 months now.

Has anyone seen the Ninja Turtles in action for Injustice 2? Holy hell do they look good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZahy5BywoI
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Took a break from DBFZ today to finally try some SFVAE. I've just been experimenting with different characters in both training and trials mode. What throws me off is that I'm not really jiving with any of the characters that I'm familiar with from previous main-line Street Fighter games. I loved Juri in USFIV, but I'm just not digging her in this game. Same with Ibuki, who just doesn't feel right to me based on what I was used to from before. Chun-Li still holds up, but my older brother already mains her and I kind of want to be different.

What surprises me is the characters that have been jiving with me, though. Urien, who I almost never played in SF3, is surprisingly versatile in this game just based on first impressions. And with Guy being arguably my favorite character from USFIV (it's a close call between either him, Gouken, or Evil Ryu) I'm finding that Zeku really fits that same character archetype for me in a great way. Of course, this is all based off of training mode. No matter who I pick, I'm sure to get my ass handed to me in online matches since I'm two whole years behind everyone else on this game.

Mustang

I can't speak much on that because, I still don't have a character that I'd consider my main in SF5. I settled on Karin but she's not Dudley. She has resets and her damage is good. Other than that I don't have a main.

Now as far as Urien is for you is basically how I feel about him as well as Guile, Balrog and now Bison. Characters I would never play turned out being some of the most fun and stylish characters in the game (although Balrog has been butchered) at least for me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've been messing around with some more characters in SFV. Karin is just way too technical for me. Anyone who's key combos requires lots of consecutive directional inputs in relatively quick succession is the type that I tend to be the worst with. Other than that, I'm still best at execution with Urien so far, followed by Zeku. I still have at least half more of the roster that I have yet to try out at this point, though.

Mustang

Don't get me wrong, out of the cast she's probably the most difficult character in the game. If anything I'd say your approach is wrong with her, but that's neither here nor there.

If I were to make a suggestion for you, you've already gotten 1 (Zeku). The other would be Ken.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You're not wrong about my approach being wrong, lol. You have no idea how out of touch I am with Street Fighter's brand of combat in general, let alone this game which I'm still new to.

You're right about Ken. Yet another character that I hardly ever touched in USFIV that really suits me in this game. Granted, I liked him a lot in Third Strike as well.

Mustang

I only say that because I'm assuming you got to Trial 6 (Vol 2 is harder) and I think it's Orochi that might be giving you issues. IMO, at the beginner level once you start going online (if you were to go online) you won't need to incorporate any of those type of combos until you reach maybe Silver/Gold. At the beginner level all you need is St. mp, Cr. mp xx JFTenko (just-frame) > Tenko  (of course fundamentals and a shimmy game).

I don't want to sway you though. If you're enjoying Urien by all means go for Urien. He is solid. Check out Nemo and Dogura for some cheap tricks.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Also ruled out Menat and Birdie as potential characters for me to play (and I'm still a long ways off from being ready to jump into online ranked matches). So far, my list of playable characters is:

1. Zeku
2. Ken
3. Urien

I'll watch some videos from better players for each to get ideas of how to better utilize their unique styles. After several more hours of practice with each, I'll try them out in ranked matches (and yes, I'm fully expecting to get my ass kicked hard all the same, lol).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I'm awarding Ed the title of best Street Fighter V character theme.