Garfield

Started by Daikun, August 06, 2019, 01:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Well, this is a surprise.
Nickelodeon has picked up the Garfield IP and is developing a new series.
Let's hope it's not a cheapass CGI monstrosity like CN's attempt.

Avaitor

Oh yeah, I forgot about the recent show. It was not any good from what I saw.

I won't lie, I haven't really thought about Garfield in a while, even though I used to love the strips and original cartoon. Maybe if they show the specials whenever I'm around cable, I'll tune into them, but that's probably gonna be about it for me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Isn't Garfield one of those franchises that everybody grew up with but nobody's actually nostalgic for? All of the Garfield fanart and recollections I've seen have been completely ironic. People don't like Garfield for its own sake anymore. They usually only like him whenever he's turned into a weird Cthulhu monster or given a postmodern re-interpretation by the Lasagna Cat guys.

Avaitor

I definitely get that impression. However, he still seems to be fairly popular with kids in the coveted 6 to 11 demo- I'm Facebook friends with one of the heads of San Francisco's Cartoon Art Museum, and he insists that Garfield is still by far the most recognizable comic strip character with kids nowadays, aside from like Snoopy. That may ultimately not mean too much, but I can see Nick squeeze a decently successful franchise with the character.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/