Rocko's Modern Life

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

It was as good as the preview for Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie. Which is to say it was superb!

90s Nostalgia Wave is finally heating up!

Daikun

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

"There are actually some things going on behind the scences that I think everyone will be happy about that is delaying the airing of the special".  :huh:

Ohhhhh.....oh wow. That actually sounds like there's some big news he's having to be tight lipped on. Could it be Nick already greenlit a revival of Rocko's Modern Life?

Peanutbutter

Dang, didn't think about Cyma Zhargami's departure causing interference in the Rocko special coming out. Sadly, the fact that Hey Arnold's The Jungle Movie apparently didn't do that well with the ratings probably helped made the new leads at Nick more gunshy.

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

Let me guess, more clown time? Or does Rocko talk about his appreciation for rainbows some more?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Daxdiv

I do like how Joe Murray said that he tried to keep in touch with GLAAD to see if they handled Rachel's story arc pretty well. From the preview on EW, it does sound like that they're estranged again.

Peanutbutter

Really should have went with Heffer's brother becoming his sister. Having the Bighead's son be trans out of nowhere makes no sense. Why not go with the character who at least had build up?

Dr. Insomniac

Static Cling was okay, I guess. It was nice to see all the old characters again, but all the "Isn't the 21st Century weeeeeeeeiiiiiiird?!" jokes got old fast. It was dumb when the Futurama revival made iPhone jokes, and that episode came out in 2010. Whatever the special wants to say about recent times isn't new or interesting. Almost got the sense the script was written 10 years ago and they animated it with little changes to the draft. Plenty of jokes about economic recessions and CG remakes, while still kind of relevant, seem like they would have hit more back then instead of now. Even the main theme that Rocko and Ed should stop fearing change and let culture takes its course has that "Been there, done that" feeling.

Foggle

Not really planning on watching the whole special as I've only ever seen a couple episodes of the show, but people keep passing around the clip about the transgender character and I think it's really sweet. They did a great job with that imo. Very wholesome and positive representation for kids. ;D