Rocko's Modern Life

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, there were quite a few, but there were a hell of a lot of other gags, like for instance with Who's For Dinner? with all the character based gags weaved throughout each scene. There are some gross gags like at the dinner, but for the most part the humor is character and absurd based. Calling it a clone is really selling the show short when it offers a lot more than that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Hey guys, remember this?

I sure do. It's great to go through this again. 8)

Edit:

Holy shit. I want all of this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Hot daymnnnnnnnnnn. Plushes, pens, even Life Cereal... honestly had no idea this much Rocko merchandise was in production at one point. The only thing I really was aware of in that pic is the Marvel comic line.

...speaking of which, I actually have the "Love Sick" comic (the one pictured in the bottom right corner). Bought it at a thrift store a while back for $1. Sitting on my desk right now, as a matter of fact.

Spark Of Spirit

I would have killed for that as a kid. Shame we never got any of that up here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Tom Kenny has that Heffer plush. I've seen it sit alongside a SpongeBob or two and CatDog in his house.

That and the comics were all I really knew that existed, although I was pretty sure that Rocko and Spunky plushes would have been made if Heffer had one. And, needless to say, I had none of this as a kid.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I saw the Heffer plush in Joe Murray's studio, too. Surprisingly no Rocko there, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

What is the object in the top-right corner of the pic supposed to be? It looks like a backpack, but I can't really tell.

Avaitor

Yeah, it looks like a backpack to me as well.

Speaking of Rocko, the block is already going to start airing season 2 on Monday. That came by fast, haha. I don't really pay attention to which eps air on there (even though I do record it every night on the odd chance that K&K goes over time, and it does sometimes), but I think they're skipping episodes.

Even if they aren't, I probably still won't be watching, since we know for a fact that season 2 is coming out on DVD. I'll start when and if they go to 3.

New blog!

Kiddington

More than likely, they did skip Leap Frogs, at the very least. Haven't seen any indication that episode is no longer "banned", as it hasn't been on TV in years.

Lord Dalek

So... I won a copy of Season 1 in the latest HTF contest. Any recommendations after I finish "To Heck and Back"? (my favorite episode from this batch)?

Avaitor

"Leap Frogs" in it's entirety, mi amigo.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Mr. Big

"Canned", and also the one with the grocery shopping.

Kiddington

So did anyone else here pick up the Season 2 DVD yet? It's actually been out for a few weeks now, just in case you weren't aware.

As for me, it was included in my birthday haul. So far, I'm loving it; Season 1 was good, but Season 2 is a major improvement, IMO. Everything feels sharper; the writing, the voice-acting... really feels like the point when the show truly found its legs. So far, I'd say my personal favorite episodes are Boob Tubed, Commuted Sentence, and Road Rash (which is still edited, IIRC), though I still haven't made my way through the entire set (just finished up Disc 1 yesterday).

Lord Dalek

The only thing season 1 has on the rest of the series is the theme tune, otherwise RML was one of those rare shows that managed to get better with each passing year.

Mr. Big

I like the second theme better, although it may be because I'm more familiar with the later episodes.

Anyway, here's a sketch of the season 3 DVD cover. It's scheduled to come out in August.

http://joemurraystudio.com/995/february-23-2012/