Rocko's Modern Life

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on December 30, 2010, 12:35:04 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but yeah, here's a reason why I love the show so much.

I doubt any other show today would get away with something like that.
:D Too bad all of the naughty things I remembered are turd jokes and Rocko walking around naked.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

Can you say best Nicktoon ever? Hell, Rocko isn't only one of the best Nicktoons ever, it's one of the best cartoons ever period. Really, rewatching Rocko on Netflix, it's amazing how well that show has held up over the years. Not to mention all the jokes that I get now that I didn't get when I was a kid. Brilliant cartoon.

And then Joe Murray made Camp Lazlo. What the hell happened, Joe?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Eddy on July 01, 2011, 09:38:42 AM
Can you say best Nicktoon ever? Hell, Rocko isn't only one of the best Nicktoons ever, it's one of the cartoons ever period. Really, rewatching Rocko on Netflix, it's amazing how well that show has held up over the years. Not to mention all the jokes that I get now that I didn't get when I was a kid. Brilliant cartoon.

And then Joe Murray made Camp Lazlo. What the hell happened, Joe?
It's weird. When some of the greats these days do cartoons, they fall flat on there face -

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on July 01, 2011, 09:38:42 AMAnd then Joe Murray made Camp Lazlo. What the hell happened, Joe?
Have you seen Frog In A Suit? It makes me question what exactly Joe was doing with Camp Lazlo, because Frog In A Suit is great and Lazlo was a piece of crap.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Desensitized on July 01, 2011, 04:43:11 PM
Quote from: Eddy on July 01, 2011, 09:38:42 AMAnd then Joe Murray made Camp Lazlo. What the hell happened, Joe?
Have you seen Frog In A Suit? It makes me question what exactly Joe was doing with Camp Lazlo, because Frog In A Suit is great and Lazlo was a piece of crap.
What really gets about that now is how proud he is of that piece of shit. Read his blog; there are times he'll gush about the days of Lazlo even moreso than Rocko, and I just don't get it.

Even Marky Mark Wahlberg once said "The Happening" was garbage. It's not that hard to disavow something you've worked on. Look, I know Lazlo was one of his babies and all, but come on; that show blew harder than a category five hurricane. Even he should be able to admit that. I honestly can't believe he's as proud of it as he is, as it really has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever to anyone over the age of five.

Spark Of Spirit

Something was in the water at Cartoon Network then, I'm sure. How else do you have both Everett Peck and Joe Murray working on shows for you and have them both turn out to be forgettable generic garbage.

I don't really know why Joe likes the show so much, but I'm pretty sure he knows that it is easily his fans least favorite thing he's ever done.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on July 01, 2011, 07:45:49 PM
What really gets about that now is how proud he is of that piece of shit. Read his blog; there are times he'll gush about the days of Lazlo even moreso than Rocko, and I just don't get it.

Even Marky Mark Wahlberg once said "The Happening" was garbage. It's not that hard to disavow something you've worked on. Look, I know Lazlo was one of his babies and all, but come on; that show blew harder than a category five hurricane. Even he should be able to admit that. I honestly can't believe he's as proud of it as he is, as it really has NO redeeming qualities whatsoever to anyone over the age of five.
...blew harder than a category 5 hurricane.  :D Maybe you should write some stuff in his place

Kiddington

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 01, 2011, 09:16:54 PM

...blew harder than a category 5 hurricane.  :D Maybe you should write some stuff in his place
What, on his blog? No no... I respect the man too much to tell him off. Lazlo sucks, no doubt... but he still gave us Rocko, and for that, he'll always have my respect. I wouldn't have it in me, to be honest.

I just wish he'd stop talking about Lazlo. Ya' know, without somebody having to say something to him first. That show is garbage, and I really don't want to hear about it anymore. I'd much rather hear about the days of Rocko, or what's currently going on with Frog in a Suit than what happened with that shit.

Eddy

Actually, I haven't seen Frog in a Suit yet. I should probably check that out.

And does Joe really post about Lazlo that much on his blog? Geez, I don't get it. Lazlo was just a flat-out awful show.

Spark Of Spirit

check it out here

They're not very long and the first episode is kind of rough, but it gets awesome FAST. We need more episodes of this fast.

Joe hasn't really posted about Lazlo much at all recently. Mostly about his current work and the Rocko DVDs. (He might be making custom cover art for the DVDs... Which is totally fucking sweet)

Kiddington

Actually, he hasn't been talking about it very much lately; probably should have clarified that as more of a past reference. Most of his recent posts have been Rocko-related, on account of the DVD release and all.

There was a point late last year/earlier this year that he was posting about Lazlo wayyyyy too much, though. Posted a few shots of concept art and what not, which was kinda cool... but when he gets all giddy about it is what bugs me. I guess because I'm not in his shoes, I don't quite understand... but I fail to see how an underwhelming production like Lazlo "changed his life".

...but hey, that's just me.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on July 02, 2011, 12:23:16 AM
Quote from: gunswordfist on July 01, 2011, 09:16:54 PM

What, on his blog? No no... I respect the man too much to tell him off. Lazlo sucks, no doubt... but he still gave us Rocko, and for that, he'll always have my respect. I wouldn't have it in me, to be honest.

I just wish he'd stop talking about Lazlo. Ya' know, without somebody having to say something to him first. That show is garbage, and I really don't want to hear about it anymore. I'd much rather hear about the days of Rocko, or what's currently going on with Frog in a Suit than what happened with that shit.
No I meant you should write the kind of shows he should be making now

Lord Dalek

It seems like with Camp Lazlo, Joe literally turned himself into Wacky Delly-era Ralph Bighead for it. A shame really.

Avaitor

Like I mentioned in the live-action Nick thread, I finally got the set. It might be edited a little, but I love having the first quarter of the show on DVD, and it's great to rediscover some of these episodes.

I might pull an episode ranking ala Desen's KOTH ones after I finish the set, and update each time a new one comes out. Stick around.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Heh, my season 1 came in today, too.

Can't wait to dive into this.