The Wild Thornberrys

Started by Kiddington, July 09, 2011, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Recent events would dictate that this show deserves its own thread. And no, I'm not talking about the DVD release.  :blush:

Greatest moment of the series, by far.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, I always hated this show (yes, even more than Rocket Power and CatDog). I thought the characters were absurdly annoying, the stories in just about each episode were completely boring, and the voice-acting ranged from annoying to dull to mediocre at best. Sorry if I come off as an ass, but I just couldn't ever find the appeal in this show, personally. But, that's just me, of course.

Kiddington

Oh, no; as a kid, I didn't like it either. I thought it was by far the most boring thing Nick was airing at the time. I don't need my cartoons trying to teach me stuff; isn't that what prison school is for?  >_<

I do, however, appreciate it for giving us the Nigel Thornberry meme. And on that note, this is one of my personal favorites.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, oddly enough despite being outrageously annoying, I have to admit that Nigel had some of the only entertaining moments in the show that admittedly made me laugh. He's the perfect character for Internet memes, as well. ;)

Avaitor

Why can't I find a vid of Nigel just say "SMASHING" on YouTube?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

I hated this show too. Nigel was kind of amusing (because Tim Curry is amazing in anything he does), but everyone else was terrible. I especially hated Eliza, who treated predators as evil bad guys, when all they were trying to do was what came naturally to them to live.

Avaitor

I actually liked a few of the characters. Besides Nigel, I thought Donnie was entertaining, and I love the fact that he's Flea now that I know. Darwin was funny too, and even Debbie had her moments.

Didn't like Eliza much, though. Even back when, I thought she was very annoying.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

This show put the 'boring' in 'absolutely fucking boring'.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I thought it was mediocre too. The only good thing it did for me was Nigel's voice, which I imagine Kolorado from Paper Mario sounding like. :P