Archer

Started by Avaitor, July 11, 2011, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

That, and apparently the Blu release for season 7 was cancelled. It'll now only be available on DVD.

I'm not crazy about the show moving to FXX, since I'm worried about it losing viewers, but I just watch the show online anyway, so I'm not that concerned.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on January 20, 2017, 08:46:26 AM
That, and apparently the Blu release for season 7 was cancelled. It'll now only be available on DVD.
What the fuck? That sucks. It doesn't really matter for a show like Sunny, which is always going to look like shit as a stylistic choice, but Archer deserves better, especially with how good the animation has gotten recently. :-\

Daikun

Dreamer2

Well, season 8 has begun! Was the premiere to Dreamland any good? My answer, which is spoiler free for those who have not seen it yet, is maybe. I'm kind of conflicted.

I feel like the dreamland aspect will grow stale by like episode 3. But, I did find the overall story in this episode to be pretty interesting. The major problem is, there was very very little humor. I barely laughed and that bums me out. If we're gonna have this be the story for the whole season, it's got to be funnier. I really hope we have an episode outside of the dream, but I doubt it.

Avaitor

I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny. I liked both the scenes with Krieger, and what we got with Barry.
Spoiler
I do think that Archer should have offed him, but I mean...
[close]

At the same time, I do really like noir and old gumshoe stories, so I did really enjoy it. But at the same time, I do agree that I'm not sure if it can remain as enjoyable for the whole season.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

This was the most fun Cheryl's been in a while. Good stuff.

New blog!

Dreamer2

So, I just finished season 8. And well I'm conflicted.

I watched the first episode when it aired and then fell behind. I did a bunch last week and then finished it up this week. I think it helps that I didn't wait a week between every episode, but it still feels rough. It kept me interested, but there was very very little humor. I probably laughed more in the last one than I did in all of the other seven combined. And the more I thought about it, the more I didn't like how most of the characters were handled. Outside of Archer, Carol, and Gene (Cecil, but I just think of him as Gene :D), all of the others felt weak or not that memorable in this world. I'm also got tired of Barry very quickly. He works better in much smaller doses.

I was also bummed about the ending. I was expecting something a little more.

I read a rumor that the next season could just be another adventure in Archer's mind with probably a different setting. I really hope not. I want to get back to the real world.

Overall, I'm not sure which season I find to be the worst 6, 7 or 8. They all have a whole bunch of problems. I'd probably have to rewatch 7 and 8 before I'm really sure.

Oh yeah, one last thing: Not enough Ray. The jailbreak episode was probably the best one.

Avaitor

Really? I've thought that the previous 2 seasons were a return to form. I did enjoy the experiment of this season, but I can understand that it's not the funniest or most engaging if you're not that hot on noir.

New blog!

Foggle

Season 5 was easily the weakest one IMO. Still better than most people give it credit for, though. I liked season 6 but I do think 1-4 were a lot better. Still need to catch up on 7 and 8.

Avaitor

I felt that the show was getting a little tired around seasons 4 and 5, and definitely a bit Barry heavy in the former. I feel like the past few years have been better, and this season has had some of the best usage of Barry since the beginning.

New blog!

Dreamer2

After many many watches I think 5 works pretty well. Only reason I would put 6 below is because the focus on Archer and Lana's relationship got kind of annoying. There are some really good episodes in that season. Vision Quest, the Pam/Archer episode and the finale really stood out. But, 5 was more consistently funny. Even Pam's cocaine stuff is less annoying after many watches.

7 was just forgettable. Like I'm having difficulty remembering what even happened. I need to rewatch it sometime.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Dang, so Archer is still in a coma. I guess they're waiting until the final season to finally go back to the present.

Daikun

Daikun