Histeria

Started by Kiddington, July 11, 2011, 02:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Username dictates that I must be a fan. Or something.  :humhumhum:

If only they taught us history in school with this...

Spark Of Spirit

I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of this show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I saw some of it back in the day, but I too don't have much experience with it.  But hey, given the way that it's pretty much completely forgotten, it's not surprising.  I'm not even sure it could be found on the Bit-torrent sites, tbh.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

This show really got the short end of the stick when it came to an afterlife. No syndication life and it barely got repeats of the episodes that did air on Kids WB! At least Road Runners got a brief run on CN.

True, a few eps were put up on that AOL server, but who actually watched stuff on that? It was laggy as shit.

I do remember watching some of this show back when it was on, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other Spielberg/Ruegger shows. I'd probably still buy a DVD of it, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

All I remember from this show was that there was a baby, an old man, some dude who only wore pants, some network lady being the censor person, some lady that mistook historical figures for pop culture icon, and some surfer dude.

That's pretty much it.

Kiddington

Yeah, I still can't believe it never turned up on CN. As you mentioned, even Road Rovers showed up for a brief period (1998-1999-ish), and that only had a miniscule 13-episodes. Histeria, at the very least, had 52. Reruns certainly wouldn't have been as stale, in that regard.

Ah well. I'll still hold out hope for a DVD release. I'm not even sure how much I'd like it if I watched an entire episode now (it is considered kids edutainment, after all)... but you know, nostalgia is a funny thing. I think I'd still be able to enjoy it; it is a surprisingly clever show. The few clips of it I can find still make me laugh, for what it's worth.

Edit: Typos fixed.

Avaitor

I watched the "Convert or Die" segment not too long ago, and was shocked at how something like that got made. It got pulled after repeat airings, I believe, but even then, you won't see something like that on kid's TV anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

I saw this a while back. It seems unnecessarily expensive, but I'm tempted to see how well it holds up. I defended this show for years when nobody else would!