The Secret Origins of Your Username

Started by Kiddington, July 12, 2011, 11:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

So... yeah. Couple of forums I've been on lately have threads like this, so I figured we could use one here. Or not. Your call, really.  :humhumhum:

...aaaaanyway, the Histeria thread I made reminded of this, so here goes. Kiddington comes from "Loud Kiddington", one of the titular characters from that series. He's a kid who runs around and talks loudly; hence the obvious name "loud".

Still not sure why I even picked this; at the time of finally registering on TZ, I hadn't actually watched Histeria in a long time (outside of random Youtube clips). For whatever reason, though, this just kinda came to me (guess I was feeling nostalgic about the show, at the time). I also thought it sounded kinda cool, and it seemed to stick. I have debated over changing it a couple of times, but I feel as though I've found an identity (of sorts) with this. For now, it stays.

So, guess that's that. What say you guys? Does your username have an interesting tale to tell? Is it from something (IE TV show, movie, etc.)? Or is it something completely random that just came to you? Let's hear it!  :happytime:

Avaitor

People have been asking me for years, and I honestly don't remember anymore.

Go figure.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

This song and this song... Mostly for their messages for how over-glorified extreme violence is in the world and how it's kind of sickening about how people really want to see people hurt or dead... in really gruesome or frightening ways for sometimes petty reasons. I'm desensitized to that kind of attitude and hate that kind of stuff. Not in a "treehugging" kind of way, just in a "take a step back and think about what you're really saying" kind of way.

Despite that, I do really enjoy slapstick humor. Yeah, kind of a pretentious reason I guess, but there you go.

Also, I really like the word.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I like Doctor Who and I don't sleep at night. Though technically, a more appropriate name would be Dr. Nocturne or something, but I'm too used to the Insommy title to change it.

Daxdiv

Well, I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability. Well, it all started during my Junior year of High School. I was a fan of a game series known as Kingdom Hearts and playing Kingdom Hearts 2. Later during my senior year and when I got a job and such, I saw a TV that had both the sign of the Heartless and the Nobodies on them, thought they were cool, and bought them.

My friends were a little jealous that I got both of those shirts and wonder if I was a heartless or a nobody. I went with Nobody and after figuring out that most of the names of the villains in that game name were anagrams of their names with the letter X added in, I decided to give it a crack and do the same to my name, David, in case you haven't figured it out yet. I personally liked Daxdiv out of them, since I love that the name started with a D. Then when I got super fast internet connection, I decided to make that my name everywhere from my short stunt on WoW to every other message board I joined.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on July 12, 2011, 11:47:01 PM

Go figure.
You wanted to be a pilot at the time, but misspelled the title? Or were you watching The Aviator at the time and misspelled it? Those seem like the 2 most reasonable origins.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 13, 2011, 12:02:15 AM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 12, 2011, 11:47:01 PM

Go figure.
You wanted to be a pilot at the time, but misspelled the title? Or were you watching The Aviator at the time and misspelled it? Those seem like the 2 most reasonable origins.
Haha, nah.

I do remember reading an Ed, Edd, n' Eddy comic I wrote way back when where I misspelled "aviator" in there as well, and maybe that stuck. I dunno why, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My user-name is a pretty stupid YYH reference that I used to think was cool back when I was about 14 and started going on Internet forums. I'd change it but by now there are a bunch of people who know me by this user-name, and since nobody ever questions its dumb-ass origins I just stick with it. Plus, I'm not nearly clever enough to come up with an actual good username, lol. :D

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 13, 2011, 12:05:27 AM
My user-name is a pretty stupid YYH reference that I used to think was cool back when I was about 14 and started going on Internet forums. I'd change it but by now there are a bunch of people who know me by this user-name, and since nobody ever questions its dumb-ass origins I just stick with it. Plus, I'm not nearly clever enough to come up with an actual good username, lol. :D
I actually saw that when rereading YYH and I was like "hey!"...

In all fairness, it's a pretty cool move!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I got banned from a site so this is one of many usernames I created to get back on it. I made it up on the fly because I am an action junkie.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 13, 2011, 12:05:27 AM
You see, there is something we can agree on  ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

I needed to make an account to play StarCraft online back when I was 8, and I had no idea what to call myself, so I just started typing random letters into the username box until I got something I liked the sound of. I don't know why, but it stuck.

Yeah. My username doesn't mean anything and has no real significance. :??:

Angus

I've used other handles for a long time, but this one I named after my dog.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Commode

I already answered this the other day on TZ, and lord knows I'm too lazy to type it again, so instead you get a linky-link.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on July 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM
I needed to make an account to play StarCraft online back when I was 8, and I had no idea what to call myself, so I just started typing random letters into the username box until I got something I liked the sound of. I don't know why, but it stuck.

Yeah. My username doesn't mean anything and has no real significance. :??:
And here I thought it was a Superbad reference.  :P

Naw, it's a good username.